Recent content by daddydaygo

  1. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    I was just reading back on this thread and man, it’s been a journey! I’m so blessed to be where I’m at. For anyone following, I’m around ~5 months post op from the latest surgery, and feel fantastic. I stopped going to physical therapy and started doing workouts myself at the gym around month 2...
  2. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Major Update that is very well overdue: February 7th I had follow-up scans, and there was a concerning lytic region in my tibia near the stem of my implant. Had CT’s which further increased their concerns so they booked me for the OR the next week for an open biopsy, cultures, and washout. Good...
  3. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Mini update: My foot pain is getting better. PT has shifted their focus on my foot rather than knee the past couple sessions. They’ve been doing different types of massages and releases on it and it has definitely helped. Maybe it’s not a stress fracture after all. I’ve gone back to one crutch...
  4. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Ended up getting X-rays on my foot. Turns out I have osteopenia in my foot/ankle and who knows how high up my leg (low bone density, at this point we can only speculate it’s from lack of weight bearing for so long). Anyways my Ortho has a hunch it could be a stress fracture(s) due to this, so...
  5. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Little update: I had my PT eval, and she was blown away. I think the scar tissue removal made a huge difference on my leg. Things that used to hurt, don’t hurt anymore. (I used to have some major patella pain when I would do seated leg extensions which assume was from the scar tissue). And...
  6. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Also, I’ve already transitioned from two crutches to one crutch. I’ll likely try my cane again soon! I’ve also stopped taking immediate release oxy’s during the day. Before, I was taking 5mg every time I woke up, 6 hours later, and then before bed along with a 10mg extended release morning and...
  7. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Check it out everybody!! Had to make it a GIF because videos can’t be uploaded on here
  8. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Also thank you everybody who’s taken interest in my posts and following along!
  9. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    My OS wants me doing it 18 hours a day. He had to do a lot of release cuts in my quads, quad tendon and also IT band (not to mention the removal of a lot of scar tissue around my patella and the back of my knee) to get everything stretched out enough to hit 90 degrees in the OR because I was so...
  10. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    I ended up getting discharged from the hospital on Thursday. I took a stress free shower for the first time in a long time. When I had the spacer in, it was a huge process to stop and disconnect my pump, cover my picc, put on my “shower leg brace” (only use it for showers and hang it up so it...
  11. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Snuck a picture in between bandage changes!
  12. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Days 6-8 post op: STILL inpatient, my JP drain is draining around 90ml every 12 hours and they’re looking for 30ml. I got off board privileges (it’s a naval hospital… not sure what the civilian term is but I’m allowed to go outside with an escort!) so the past two days I walked a BUNCH outside...
  13. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Oh and still haven’t heard from Infectious Disease about my cultures taken during this surgery. Previously my culture grew in 2 days, and here I am at 5. No news is good news!
  14. D

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Day 4/5 Post Op: I’m still inpatient as my JP drain is putting out substantial fluid. I’ll likely be here a couple more days. Regional anesthesia pulled my nerve block catheters as we weren’t getting the results we wanted. After pulling them I realized I was underestimated how much it helped...
Back
Top Bottom