Recent content by cycling67

  1. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    @Josephine thank you! OS just said take tylenol as needed. I am 15 weeks post op would like to be cutting back on the meds. I dont have pain except when grabby nerve like pain happens. I describe it like Guitar string that all of a sudden become misaligned and would cut into one another...
  2. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Hello to everyone! So i saw my OS today. All xrays look good, joint still solid and fibula is ok. Surgeon feels that i have "angered" the peroneal nerve with either tight muscles or potentially too mych extension stretches. :unsure: He was wonderful and listened and provided a plan: I am...
  3. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    @Josephine: Thank you for your thoughts and yes I only want the best outcome and if the best means I need to be more patient then that is a good thing. :) sometimes easier said than done but 100% agree. OK on the massage thought. In terms of the dosage of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. Here is...
  4. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Thanks @Celle, i know you are right, just having a hard time settling in. I see others in PT surpassing me and feel i should be further. Yup nothing good can come from comparing oneself to others. :unsure: Why is it that when i feel like this i end up thinking this is how my life will now be...
  5. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Thank you Josephine! I am certainly resting (begrudgingly), elevating, icing with ice massage direct on area. The Surgeon cut me off on pain meds so am doing Motrin and Tylenol alternations. I will ask about another Rx of pain meds during appointment this Wednesday. Do you feel massage is a...
  6. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Josephine: Based on the diagram it appears my pain is in the LB4 D and LB4 E area. Specifically the pain is at the fibular head area and is only initiated with specific movements like walking with a normal gait (thus i am limping and dragging through with hip), stepping down stairs or lifting...
  7. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Request to Administrator: Please change title of this thread to "Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery". Thank you! Hello to Everyone! It has been some time since I have posted an update. I am in a desperate state right now and am hoping to receive some comfort and maybe some information...
  8. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    @kmak81230 100% agree very humbling! Right when i think i am good suddenly i am not. This recovery is up/down and hopefully in the long run will be more ups than downs. Thank you everyone for your feedback, i so appreciate all of your words. I will of course keep you updated. Here's to...
  9. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I am torn between feeling pressure of the expectation in a time limit vs having a good goal to work Smartly towards. I dont plan to do anything different, in terms of exercising, than what i have been doing which i am tolerating nicely. I am obsessed with...
  10. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Update: well i saw my PT and Ortho surgeon yesterday and today. In PT I reached 96 degress active flexion and 106 passive flexion. At OS i was 95 degrees cold. He said i was doing well and wants me to attain 10-15 more degrees of flexion in the next 3 weeks before i see him again. I think...
  11. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Yup @SusieShoes the couch with ice has been my office today. Not too bad. Although the list of things i need to do is a biy scary and al i want to do is take a nap. Yup nap wins, work will still be there when i wake up. :flwrysmile:
  12. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    @Jockette: you are so sweet thank you for your thoughts! It is such a hard surgery. Right when i think i have the patience i lose it! When i get like this then i get mad at myself which doesn't help. We need to be gentle with ourselves!!! You r the best! @jaschembra: i tell myself ALL of...
  13. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    @SusieShoes: thank you for your thoughts. I am indeed stressed about working because i am still unable to fully concentrate. I will simply do my best and talk to my boss. I have worked at this company for 20+ years, they need me back but i have earned time away. :) i will even work from the...
  14. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Good evening! Please modify the title of this thread to: "Left TKR: feeling down and tired". Thank you I need to reach out to everyone. I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow and i have taken an emotional downturn recently. I am feeling depressed and tired! It seems all I do is exercise, ice, rest...
  15. cycling67

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Celle, Jajakio, Pheebs52, and SusieShoes: Thank you for this excellent advice. As a "numbers" type of a person i have gotten too obsessed with the number progression. The advice to focus on function rather than numbers is what i needed. I knew from my last replacement and am reminded with...
Back
Top Bottom