Recent content by Crossfit

  1. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR CrossFit’s new knees

    Thank you @sistersinhim. My plan is to ice and elevate for the rest of the day and hope tomorrow is better. Yes I’ve already arranged for a wheelchair!
  2. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR CrossFit’s new knees

    This morning I was experiencing what I would describe as nerve pain on the lateral side of my right knee when I was going down stairs. Stupidly, I pushed through it. A couple of hours later, my knee became very hot, swollen and tight, to the point that i couldn’t put ANY pressure on my right...
  3. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR CrossFit’s new knees

    Thanks for the support and info @Celle and @pumpkin! I’ve read those articles over and over, I guess I just needed more reassurance that aggressive PT is bad. I’ll let you know how the next session goes.
  4. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR CrossFit’s new knees

    I had BTKR on 11/14 and mostly I’ve been recovering well. The first 7 days were rough, but it’s been getting better every day. I had in-home PT a few times and began outpatient PT yesterday. I was really nervous, having read the horror stories on BS, but it wasn’t so bad. I would say it was...
  5. Crossfit

    TKR Left TKR November 13, 2019

    Glad to hear you’re doing well. I had BTKR 11/14 and I’m doing pretty well so far too. This site is great isn‘t it?
  6. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR Will I be able to care for my dog after surgery?

    @celle—They ended up going ahead with BTKR as planned on 11/14. I’m in recovery mode now and doing well.
  7. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR Will I be able to care for my dog after surgery?

    Lol! I will definitely board him, I don’t need a 110lb dog jumping on my knees!
  8. Crossfit

    Bilateral TKR Will I be able to care for my dog after surgery?

    I was scheduled for BTKR, but Kaiser staff are going on strike, so now I have to do one knee at a time. I was going to board my dog for a few days when I was having both knees done, but now that I’m only doing one knee, do you think it’s still necessary? I will have help at home for a week or...
  9. Crossfit

    TKR Anyone going through Kaiser for TKR?

    Hi Nelly, sorry for the delayed response. My Kaiser surgeon is using cement and he said I’d have a spinal block, not general anesthesia.
  10. Crossfit

    TKR Anyone going through Kaiser for TKR?

    I’m going through kaiser. Did you have a question?
  11. Crossfit

    2019 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    BTKR scheduled for 11/14. Getting really nervous and scared! I know I’m on the younger side, but arthritis has really kept me from engaging in activities I love.
Back
Top Bottom