Thank you for the feedback. Yes where did this no pain , no gain stuff come from anyways? It is also a Partial knee not full. The PT did give me some good stretches that seem to be working for the sciatica and this morning I laid in bed luxuriating in massaging the thigh, doing the circle...
So I'm at week 4 of PKR and 'graduated' to outpt PT who is definitely no pain no gain. A lot of things are, I feel, beneficial but yesterday when the PT had a student PT push down on knee so they could measure extension I screamed STOP at second 6 of the 10. I said NO.
But the fear gets...
IN my personal experience the few good and far between manual physical therapists who mirror much of what the 'old school' osteopathic doctors did and a PT (same or another) who has expertise in dry needling can do wonders for many muscle related issues. This is simply my personal experience.
Thanks Red's Mom..... Yes the first 2 weeks in house PT in terms of sciatica was useless. Yes outpt PT is encouraging heat and stretches for the scalawag periformis. She also does something called dry needling which is starting to help. And I have another PT that insurance won't cover but I...
HI, while I'm recovering now from Partial on 2/7..... I just booked April 18th for the left knee... so I'm bouncing back and forth in the Recovery Forum and this forum. I was petrified and frantic for 2 months before the first one b/c I could NOT get answers and felt helpless, angry at the...
Thank you for your response so quickly as well. I don't know HOW I got to whereever to post an avatar but I need to find it to take that posted one down (I hit it accidentally while trying to post one of my own photos... this one likely has some copyright stuff so I want to take it down.
HI - I am new here, read the rules, but if I slip up please let me know. I had Partial Right knee done on Feb/7/17 & I know I hear don't compare yourself to others recovery - it all happens in good time. In reading a few threads I see a lot of common worries, concerns and gems of hope in this...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.