Recent content by congoround

  1. C

    TKR Very tight calf muscle still after 4 months

    I'm walking like a zombie too! The step through is the most painful part of walking. I am not using a cane anymore. I'm doing calf stretches to try and help loosen the muscle but so far it's not helping much. I'm having a TKR on my other knee in a week and a half. I hope I don't get the same...
  2. C

    TKR Very tight calf muscle still after 4 months

    After mt TKR, my calf muscle was very tight making walking difficult. It's still tight, sore, painful. Has anyone else experienced a tight calf muscle after TKR and if so, were you able to fix the problem and how? Thanks!
  3. C

    Will pain be relieved in other areas?

    I’m so glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing. I’m figuring my back and hip pain is caused by the change in how I carry myself because of my knees. Good to hear that TKR has made a difference in that respect for others as well. I’m looking forward to my surgery and...
  4. C

    First knee replacement June 27th!

    Hi jnewman63! Thanks for your advice. I have several ice packs as well as an ice machine. Bags of ice is a good idea! I’ll put that on my preop shopping list. Easier than making tons of ice with trays!
  5. C

    First knee replacement June 27th!

    Thank you! I’m finding this site most helpful in preparation for surgery.
  6. C

    First knee replacement June 27th!

    Best wishes to you too!!
  7. C

    First knee replacement June 27th!

    Thanks all for your well wishes! The closer my date gets the more excited I am getting. I really love this site and am reading as much as I can for much needed advice. :)
  8. C

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi! Total knee replacement of left knee on June 27! Woohoo!
  9. C

    First knee replacement June 27th!

    Hi everyone! I’m 50 and having my first total knee replacement (left knee) on June 27th and I can’t wait. I had my left knee scoped when I was 31 and and my right knee scoped at 40. Both are bad (I use a walker now). I’ve gone through many cortisone injections, rehab, and synthroid injections...
Back
Top Bottom