Recent content by ColleenAda

  1. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    Me, husband, and new knee spent 10 days on Hawaiian islands- today headed to yakota, Japan. .
  2. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    Thanks- started traveling at 8 mths and have had no problems besides knee fatigue-
  3. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    backpacked Europe for 2 months, but it started getting cold. Left Amsterdam to come back to Washington to see kids, grandson and family. Decided to grab daughter and grandson and go to Hawaii for some sun. Pearl Harbor, hiked to manoa falls, climbed diamond head,walking my a** off. Knee is happy...
  4. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    TRKR JAN 2018 After bopping around Europe for a month and a half, Portugal >Rome>France>3 Greek islands>Germany> Nederlands(we ended up getting vaccinated here for Asia)12 hour train back to ramstein we took a ‘pop up’ flight from ramstein to mcchord ab in Washington to visit family...
  5. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    Stay focused, recovery doesn’t have to hurt. I thought my recovery was going to take longer but perseverance, not going beyond my pain tolerance, and focused walking every day I think was my key. I stopped when I was tired. Iced a lot to keep the swelling down- as you know, you cannot bend a...
  6. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    Don’t give in to self doubt, stay dedicated. Don’t let anyone cause you pain- love your new knee
  7. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    Capricia, Portugal
  8. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    And this
  9. ColleenAda

    TKR Still on the Move

    Hello all! I haven’t been on this site for a long time, since June 2018 I believe. My surgery was January 2018 for a right total knee replacement. I am writing this now from Portugal where my husband and I are having a backpack tour through Europe. Hang in there everyone. Bone smart really...
  10. ColleenAda

    TKR 7/24/18: Travel concerns

    I would confidently say I could stand over an hour( not perfectly still) at four months
  11. ColleenAda

    How to Shower Early Days

    Showered after three days, shower chair, keep the incision dry anyway you can. It's not difficult
  12. ColleenAda

    How to Keep Bedding Off Tender Knee?

    Some will get creative and technical. I just left that leg uncovered and wore fuzzy footies- good luck
  13. ColleenAda

    Post Op PJ's & Around-the-House Wear

    I wore a mid length dress to hospital and home. It was comfortable fir me to wear my summer dresses as I don't care to wear pjs during the day
  14. ColleenAda

    Need some advice

    I think it's really important to remember that you are the boss of your knee. But if you choose to be in total control of your recovery, prepare for dour looks and objections. Stay healthy, stay hydrated, rest often , stay informed. ( see, not one word if physical exertion whatsoever)
  15. ColleenAda

    Need some advice

    Yeahhhhh take the extra time and start working gently at home - lift the laundry basket using different weight- carry a chair around, or a footstool . Just start practicing
Back
Top Bottom