Recent content by Cococay

  1. Cococay

    THR Possible Infection

    Thank you Layla. I had repeat labs again yesterday (CRP)- it's going down still- but it's still showing abnormal-elevated, so he called in an antibiotic, Doxycycline. I haven't picked it up yet though. The only thing he did say is that if the incision heals and the drainage continues- he...
  2. Cococay

    THR Possible Infection

    Hi, Well, my CRP went from 6.4 to 1.8. My surgeon said that is enough to watch it - so he cancelled I&D surgery that was scheduled for Wednesday. Since stitches removed, I still get constant drainage- watery- yellow tinged (Im told serous fluid?)- no odor, no fever. There is a lot of red...
  3. Cococay

    THR Possible Infection

    Hi, I had a right total hip replacement-anterior on 3/31/26. It was complex because the acetabelum had nothing left to it and pushed past (sublexed)- dislocated- I never know how to explain it. It made me a little over 2 inches shorter on that side. I had to wait a long time to get surgery...
  4. Cococay

    Undecided

    I’m sorry- somehow this posted twice. I tried to edit it and somehow it copied it. Could one of the moderators delete the first post? Sorry
  5. Cococay

    Undecided

    Hi - I was a frequent post-er in December and January (TKR -left 1/19/21). I haven’t been able to walk without a cane—since my knee surgery——PT told me it was a “weak gluteus medius” so I thought the harder I try to work it the better I will recover. Only I’m walking worse then before- can’t...
  6. Cococay

    TKR Carmencita in recovery

    I’m so happy your knee is progressing well! And that you figured out what was causing those symptoms!! :loveshwr:
  7. Cococay

    TKR I did it!!

    I measured 105 and 2 today! However I am really regretting waiting so long to have this done. The damage it caused from limping etc - has not only given me sciatica on opposite side but my hip-pelvis muscles are so weak it’s terrible——- PT had me try the cane again. Normally you would put the...
  8. Cococay

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    That is just crazy to me,- I guess in my mind- I think infection and I picture and obvious open cut on the leg- and fever, chills, etc. I am really glad that the school nurse pushed you a little to get in. I am glad they are being aggressive in treating it. I cannot imagine how your feeling...
  9. Cococay

    TKR It was worth it!

    Surgery is so consuming and so much more then just impacting the body part being operated on. I’m with you on the emotions. I’m humbled to admit that my Parents let me stay with them after my surgery-They were so kind and did so much for me, yet, at 47 I reverted to my snotty teenage self...
  10. Cococay

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    I am so sorry to hear this. That has to be incredibly scary. Can I ask a did you feel feverish or any symptoms at all? It’s so scary to think infection can creep up out of nowhere. You are in my Prayers
  11. Cococay

    TKR I did it!!

    Well my friends- today the director (owner) where I work called me - like usual no big deal. But then she talked about me returning and she didn’t say the words you must return now- but that is what she meant. I told her I’m worried about all the steps (25 narrow stairs) and she decided to...
  12. Cococay

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    I am so sorry for you to get this news. It sounds very scary. I knew it was a big deal but I had no idea just what a process it will be. All of that aside- the most important part is that you are in good hands and healthy. My thoughts are with you.
  13. Cococay

    TKR Carmencita in recovery

    I’m thrilled to hear your pain is manageable! It’s so early still for you but I’m just so glad you're feeling ok.
  14. Cococay

    Revision TKR Third time’s the charm

    Do you find that standing on one leg with the non surgical leg is harder then with the surgical leg?
  15. Cococay

    TKR I did it!!

    I seriously wish i could show my boss this thread. I love you all. Thank you for the reassurance.:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
Back
Top Bottom