Jamie- I went ahead and deleted the link- don’t want to go against rules but I agree- I feel like the site is super comprehensive and helpful- maybe something to share with others. I mentioned it to Mark this morning. I’ll ask him if he wants to do anything with it or contact the guy who has...
Ha! Thanks for the replies- yes my littlest is absolutely adorable and one of the main reasons I did this surgery- so I could catch him when needed! The LLD is strange. It seems to be most noticeable when I first stand up and makes it nearly impossible to stand in one place. It does seem to...
Awesome- thx for the input. It’s reassuring. It’s tough because everyone seems to talk about a longer operated leg and mine is shorter so that makes me very nervous- I wish someone with a shorter operated on leg would chime in! But for sure my pelvis is all tilted weird and has been for a...
It’s day 6 post op. I’m sleeping well at night. I can mostly get in and out of bed myself. I can take a shower on my own and use the bathroom and have ventured downstairs each day for past three days. I’m still on vicadin every 4-41/2 hours except at night sometimes it goes 6+ hours until I...
Well PT came and she was sweet. She gave me exercises but they are pretty minimal -just basically simple movement- and she advised that anything that hurts a few hours later or causes swelling is too much. So everything should be slow and incremental. I’m pretty in tune with my body and have...
Thx! Very helpful! I will ask her about gait and transitioning to cane. I’m stronger each day but my operated hip was soooooo bad that the muscles are weak and I’ve favored my left for quite some time.
I know we are to be very careful about exercises and PT as our hip will heal just fine by itself. So don’t need any info on that- I understand that loud and clear. With that said, my one insurance approved PT appt is in about 2 hours. Any advice on things to ask her? For tips and tricks?
@CricketHip i did it- I went ahead and rented a recliner and it arrives tomorrow. So many people talked about one in the conversations above and then today I ventured downstairs for the first time and looked at our beautiful modern LOW couch and just stared at it- no way am I sitting on that...
Thank you for the mom stuff Jamie- yes it’s “easy” right now since I can’t do much - it’s taking an army to keep everything together. It’s going to be tough to take it slow in a couple of weeks tho
So sometimes when I first take a step with my walker my new hip feels like it’s dropping a bit...
Thanks - wow what a difference a day makes. I slept last night pretty well. Dr told me ok to take unisom and I know from the past just to take the tiniest amount- literally about 1/4 of a pill and I slept 10-1 and then about 2-6. I woke up feeling much stronger and have been able to get in...
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I thought we weren’t to put pillows behind our knees? But I definitely cannot sleep just completely flat. Last night I did pretty well with 3 pillows under my legs. But my back is killing me. We have a temperpedic bed so it’s rather squishy which...
Oh I have a question - I cannot get comfortable sleeping. How exactly can you position your body with pillows etc to be comfortable? I know some of the does and do nots but I’m really looking for what works to get sleep on your back!
Thank you all! I bought the leg strap. I don’t think realized what a long process this all is going to be. I’m coming to terms with it though and will just take one day at a time!
Hi awesome bonesmarties and moderators. Marks wife here . I have been looking at threads to prior to my surgery and it was very helpful reading especially to mitigate my fears. Now I’m day one post op and I need some help. I don’t know exactly how this all works and have never participated...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.