Recent content by Clairebella

  1. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    @Hip4life thank you so much for such a helpful post, I felt tearful reading it with relief that someone can resonate with me, especially a fellow healthcare worker. I do also have a compassionate boss and I am not up to full 12 hr shifts or my full 30 hrs. I’ve been feeling so anxious that I’m...
  2. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    Hello! I’m also so grateful for advice here and I am sorry that I’m not around giving back as much as I would like to people! I am 6 months post op now. While I can say it’s like night and day from day 1 post op to now, I still feel like I’m behind on recovery? Or potentially just having too...
  3. C

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    Hi @Hippie Chick I hear you! I am turtle pace still. So, I have progressed, slower than I would have liked and I’ve still a long way to go. I’ve only just in the last 10 days started to climb stairs normally. It aches doing so I must say. The PT had me doing the leg press in the gym with the...
  4. C

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy for FAI Recovery Pain

    It’s too early in my view for lying abduction or any abduction exercise, bridges, clams etc, I definitely didn’t start any of that until after 8 weeks. I would be reassured now that the pain has gone that it was muscles/tendons.
  5. C

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy for FAI Recovery Pain

    I had a hip arthroscopy last year and I didn’t see PT till 2 weeks out of surgery. Then I was given a few simple stretches and exercises. Heel glides, heel raises etc. 1-2 times a day PT seems quite a lot and I would say your hip and surrounding soft tissues are just not happy with that. So I...
  6. C

    THR Finally on the other side

    Can I ask what do the pelvic tilt exercises do/help with???
  7. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    @benne68 the penguin shuffle :loll:yup, that’s it exactly! Reassuring to know it can go on for a while. @CricketHip thats also reassuring that no one hip is the same! I might look into massage. They tend to be really expensive where I am but I’d love one! I’m also at that female age and point...
  8. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    Thanks @Layla ! I am slowly but surely progressing. I do feel I’m quite behind though. I’m only just managing some of the PT exercises that I was given 1 month post op. I’m managing to the pool twice a week now so that’s an improvement. I also think my energy drain has improved slightly. I’m...
  9. C

    THR Finally on the other side

    @Esmeralda glad to hear that recovery is slowly but surely progressing for you. My pain is better also but also like you I am not ache free! Regarding your leg length - can you get in touch with the surgeons secretary and see if you can discuss your concerns and have a review?
  10. C

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    Good luck @Hippie Chick! I’ll be following your return to work with interest as I’m not ready yet to work, but desperately wish I was!
  11. C

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    I’m only 3 months out and struggled with pain this whole time and have a long way to go, sorry to hear you are having pain at your point. I would recommend you seeing a physiotherapist for a good work up. A good PT like mine has excellent knowledge of all the soft tissue and muscle groups, the...
  12. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    Thanks @Mojo333 I do plan on sticking more with the pool walking and my stretching but I might tentatively try some strengthening exercises now. I have a lot of weakness on my op side.
  13. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    My pain has definitely improved this week. I have been to the pool twice and managed out to shops further afield in the car on other days. PT has given me on non pool days gym based exercises. Bike for cardio - that’s fine. She’s added the leg press and quad and hamstring weight ones too. I am...
  14. C

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    I would be interested too! I managed the pool twice this week and walked, did heel raises and some stretches in the water.
  15. C

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    Yes the knee to chest stretch will be a work in progress! She walked me through relaxing all my muscles, letting everything go, tummy including and just gently pulling into the point i feel discomfort and then breathing and holding for 30 seconds. Then relax and heat pad. She likened it to the...
Back
Top Bottom