Recent content by Cindy B

  1. Cindy B

    THR op/post op since 13 march

    I had a spinal block also and my back is still tender...have you noticed any tenderness in your lower back where they administered the spinal
  2. Cindy B

    THR op/post op since 13 march

    Clifford, I'm glad you brought up the knee issue because I'm having the same problem with my knee on the operated leg. I remember asking the surgeon right after surgery "what did you do to my knee"? Your post helped me get my questions answered that I thought only I was experiencing.
  3. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    tashia thank you too for your words of encouragement! I limped for 5 months prior to my hip replacement and I'm just so excited for the day where I can walk normally again. Yes I too have had days where I think I can pitch the cane only to be reminded that " not so fast" my dear, says my body!
  4. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Poppet thank you so much for your quick reply. I suppose impatience is one of my character flaws that this recovery process is giving me the opportunity to practice patience :angel: I must also be experiencing the "lows" that the forum discusses as I've kind of hit a plateau in my progress...
  5. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Hello everyone it has been a while since I've posted on here since my recovery seems to be going very well. I've completed week #6 and have a concern. I can get around unaided but not without a slight limp as there is stiffness in the groin area and slight pain. Is this normal at this stage...
  6. Cindy B

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Hi emily76, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Are you taking your pain meds around the clock, icing & elevating like everyone has previously mentioned? I can only say that is what I did and was very comfortable at 7 days post-op. I was sent home with Vicodin (hydrocodon) and...
  7. Cindy B

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    Congrats designergirl! Sounds like everything went great. I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't shower for 10 days...it will go by fast, though and just think how wonderful that first shower will feel! The things we take for granted, huh? Keep us posted!
  8. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Poppet Thanks for showing me how to create a signature I've been trying to figure that out.
  9. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Hi mjmrphy, glad you made it to the other side! I just finished week 2 of outpatient PT and it is helping a lot. I get really tired afterwards and sore, so be prepared to ice & rest & keep up with your pain meds, if needed. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes. Good luck & best wishes...
  10. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Yes I am comparing my post op pain to my pre op pain. Thank you for the clarification as to how pain manifests itself...I wasn't thinking like that.
  11. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Thank you everyone for the very useful feedback. I haven't been taking my meds regularly like I should. I've been prescribed Vicodin / acetaminophen 7.5 -750 every 4-6 hours as needed. I don't feel like I need that much painkiller for my level of pain. I'm also on Xarelto blood thinner which...
  12. Cindy B

    THR I made it!

    Hello everyone, I'm 19 days post op and doing very well. My hospital experience wasn't optimal but we got things straightened out. My first night after surgery they forgot to order one type of painkiller & I was in tears begging for more pain meds. Thanks to the nurse that took charge and...
  13. Cindy B

    February 15 RTHR - need support

    Hi Weezi, how are you doing? I found a new surgeon that I feel much more comfortable with. As a result, my surgery has been pushed up to January 29th! So I'll be on the other side very soon! I've got my house all stocked up for everything I'll need post-surgery & doing last minute...
  14. Cindy B

    AVN: when is it time for hip replacement?

    I am 42 and have AVN in my right hip. Not sure what stage, but the joint is bone on bone so I guess that means it has collapsed. I walk with a cane and it is very painful. I agree with what everyone else has advised you...don't wait to become disabled...the replacement is inevitable, so enjoy...
  15. Cindy B

    THR One week later

    Thank you for the follow up! Sounds like you did fantastic! So brave of you to stay awake for the procedure!
Back
Top Bottom