Recent content by christopher_car

  1. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Thank you.... wise words that i copied and kept to continue to read when I'm having a bad day like today. Seriously, thank you for taking the time and i el heed your advice!
  2. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Sounds like your plan will help achieve your goals. My goal is to return to the gym, weighted squats, and regular exercise. I ask to be measured to let myself know how I I'm doing. I look at it as getting on the scale! It is too easy for me to justify things and i need to see proof. I lost...
  3. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Thank you... I'm medicated and elevated!
  4. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    First couple are not so bad but I have to do 15 reps then I'm breathing hard! Today I was at 0% on one leg and 3% on the other, in the straight position. Heel slides we are at 103 and 100. In pretty tired today. PLUS fire alarm kept going off! Had to get a stick to press the button... finally...
  5. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Thank you... plus thank you for the exercise tip!
  6. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    PT daily is: heel slides, knee press into mattress, sitting leg raises and walking. 15 reps each 1 x per day. Walking at least 1500 steps per day. Medication...I was on Oxycodene and didn't like it in the hospital but my PT contacted my surgeon and now on Tramadol. I love it. The pain is...
  7. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    1 week today since my surgery. Actuality was able to sleep some before the "Beast of the Night" arrived. That is what I call the time everything is going OK and then nighttime comes with pain for the night. My PT at home is every other day and they have me on a schedule. If I don't follow what...
  8. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Thank you.... I did sleep until the pain woke me up. The hospital pretty much just tossed me out because covid is really bad in our county right now in Florida.
  9. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Not going to rehab because the rehab center had a covid outbreak. The attending physician and social worker decided last night at 6:00PM to send me home! Gave me some papers with pictures of exercises and said "Good luck". Now I'm trying to get home health to come. I'm deaf and don't use the...
  10. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Had a really rough night...morphine is my new best friend! Information on BoneSmart has been super helpful. Since I couldn't sleep, I did ankle pumps! Physical Therapy at 9:00 AM. I STILL think I would do bilateral again.... no choice really but glad it is overt with. Nurses are wonderful...
  11. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Generated ... not vegetated!!!!
  12. C

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Had surgery at 10:00 AM and they made me walk at 4:00 PM. Tomorrow will be different pain-wise I'm sure. Tomorrow at 9 AM start rehab. I have the computer vegetated 3D knee and rumor has it recovery is faster. This is day one! Spinal block, nerve blockers and did of course it is easy! 8 hours...
  13. C

    Bilateral TKR Who else is getting nervous?

    We are one day apart! Best of luck and please keep us informed of your progress!
  14. C

    Bilateral TKR Who else is getting nervous?

    Anyone else scheduled for January 4th? That is my day. Looking forward to recovering with ask you in January!
  15. C

    Bilateral TKR Who else is getting nervous?

    Thank you. I have everything ready as much as I can be ready. My surgeon feels I can go home after one night in hospital, however Medicare says I must stay 3 nights in hospital before going to a rehab facility. I decided not to burden my partner and will go to rehab so I can recover with...
Back
Top Bottom