Recent content by ChrissyP

  1. C

    20 Months post-op

    Great to hear you are doing so well Ronnie! Chrissy :biggrin:
  2. C

    15 months post op problem

    Hi Many thanks for your responses. The problem I'm experiencing is more of an ache than a pain. It gets worse as the day goes on and hurts more when walking up steps. I've given up the aerobic exercise for a while and will visit my GP if the ache persists. Jaimee - things haven't changed...
  3. C

    15 months post op problem

    Hi everyone, It's been quite a while since I posted on Bonesmart but I found this forum so supportive and informative after my THR in June 2010. Generally speaking everything has gone pretty well and at the one year mark most of the time I didn't even think about the new hip. My problems...
  4. C

    Overdid it - again!

    Thanks for the reassurance Jo. The Caribbean (St Lucia) was fabulous. Beautiful scenery, food and 90 degree temperatures!
  5. C

    Overdid it - again!

    Hi everyone, I haven't been on BS for a couple of weeks as I've been on holiday (Caribbean). I wished I did have internet access though as I have been very worried about my hip and needed some reassurance. I am now 12 weeks post op from a RTHR and everything was going well. I didn't need...
  6. C

    turning in bed!

    I found that my body naturally let me do things when it was ready. If I tried to do something too soon it hurt and I would stop automatically. For the first 6 weeks post op I slept in a king size bed in the middle and made a little 'nest' for myself in the centre. I had 6 pillows in bed with...
  7. C

    scar fading products

    Hi Jenny, I used BioOil after my six week check up but found it made my scar itch and burn a bit. I stopped using it and now just use a body moisturiser night and morning and my scar seems to be healing well.
  8. C

    I can walk again!!!

    That's great news Linda. It's all onwards sand upwards from here!:jump:
  9. C

    on this side at last!

    Hi Melani, Pleased to hear you're safely on the other side. Congratulations! Like you I couldn't get comfortable when I got home from the hospital. Use lots of pillows to support you and lie down on your bed to rest and stretch out a couple of times a day. When I look back now I wasn't...
  10. C

    Linda's finally to the other side!

    Hi Linda, I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a bad time after your surgery. I was concerned that we hadn't heard from you. Keep posting when you feel up to it. There are wonderful people on this site who are here for you and will help you through this. You are in my thoughts and...
  11. C

    Hello! Glad to meetcha!

    Hi Roxy, Welcome to Bonesmart - this forum has been helpful for me in so many ways. Like you I am 8 weeks post op and we seem to be progressing in a similar way. I am now driving, walking without sticks and most of the time doing the stairs one foot after the other (except when I'm tired). I...
  12. C

    Finally I get to come to THIS side! HIYA everyone!!

    Hi Mr Bill, So glad to hear everything has gone so well for you. Don't overdo things though! I learnt the hard way - take each day as it comes and then look back each week to see how well you have done :jump:
  13. C

    I made it!!

    Hi Guys, I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or tag this on to my original one (this is the first forum I've joined so I'm still feeling my way around). I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Bonesmart for helping me get through the past 6 weeks. All my concerns have been answered...
  14. C

    July Sparkler

    Hi Leslie, Great news! Take it easy and let others do the work for a bit - It's amazing how quickly the time goes and you'll soon be back doing those chores - unfortunately :D
  15. C

    walking up and down stairs

    I'm 6 weeks out from my op. and still use the two feet on one step method for going up. I can do the one foot on each step but it hurts in the operated hip. Going down I do one foot after the other as it seems a lot easier - I did it without realizing a couple of weeks ago.
Back
Top Bottom