Recent content by Chrissyann

  1. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Hello, I thought you might like an update on my situation. August this year. My chronic knee infection wasn’t getting any better, in fact it was quite nasty, I had a cyst behind my knee and a lot of redness and discolouration. I went to the GP who gave me an antibiotic and sent a photo of my...
  2. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Thank you all, it’s appreciated. It was a strange discussion, I was asked if I had understood that amputation is a complication of revision surgery. Obviously I’d read that. The infection team were suggesting that infections are almost impossible to eliminate. I didn’t expect that kind of...
  3. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Hello Layla, I had an appointment yesterday. I met the team from the bone and infection team, 8 of them in total. I don’t know what to say, it didn’t go as I expected it. I’m speechless! It appears that I’m well and the infection is low grade and it might be worth doing nothing for the time...
  4. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Im sorry to say it was not a good result. My surgeon has referred me to the specialist infection team and says he’s not part of my care plan now. The infection team meet once a month, it seems the doctors striking is causing delays, a couldn’t care less approach in my book. So I’m back in the...
  5. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    I think with your support I must have hit a nerve or I fired all my guns at once, as I have an appointment with my original consultant, he did both knees and the arthroscopic operation. It’s next Wednesday 21st at the clinic, not a phone app like I usually have. I’m nervous, I suffer from...
  6. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Just a quick update. My GP say hes sorry but there’s nothing on your files, you have to get medication from the hospital. He wasn’t interested. I’ve been told that antibiotics don’t work on tkr infections. The implant has a bio film that’s impossible to medicate. He did not answer my question...
  7. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Thank you so much, it’s appreciated. I called my GP I’m waiting, it’s the story of my life. I’ve written to pals again with threats of escalating it further, we shall see what happens! I was told by my surgeon before he passed me over to the infection team that it’s non urgent, excuses about the...
  8. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    I can’t help but worry about the time the time taken to diagnose an infection. January 1st 2023 I noticed my knee was swollen, it was hot and painful. My blood work showed an increase in white blood cells. An X-ray and more blood works in July. I waited patiently until December when I had a...
  9. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Ive been in touch with Pals quite a few times now. They have informed the orthopaedic department and I’m waiting for a reply. the last message from pals was yesterday saying if you don’t hear anything before the 23rd then get in touch. Apparently i have an infectious that’s rarely found in the...
  10. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    That’s very comforting, thank you. If afraid there is no update, I’ve not been informed if I have a consultant or if they have even received my referral. I’ve been informed it’s been passed on. It’s most alarming as I’ve been doing some research about the infection. I wonder if it’s okay to...
  11. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    It’s been a long journey to find a result, well over a year. The symptoms were there from the beginning, pain, swelling, hot flushes, a very warm knee, most of all tiredness. My appointments were few and far between, I had to fight to get them. Eventually they found a bacterium that’s quite...
  12. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Hello, thank you for replying im so pleased to have you beside me. I do have an infection and have been referred to a specialist. So it looks like I’ll be having a two stage surgery at some stage. Let’s keep in touch we can swop our experiences. I had my first tkr in 2018, it was really painful...
  13. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    I’d appreciate any help with my problem, thank you. I had a nuclear bone scan on the 8th December and an arthroscopic procedure on the 8th, the surgeon said he will be in contact with me in the new year with results. I’ve been doing a lot of research and it looks like I’m facing a revision, I...
  14. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Ive had two knee replacements in 2018. My right knee has developed an infection, I’m unfortunately one out of a hundred unlucky ones. I had an arthroscopic operation on Friday and I’m awaiting the results. The infection started 1st of January this year with swelling, pain, and loss of movement...
  15. Chrissyann

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Last January 1st, i woke up to a sore swollen knee. I had my knee replaced in may 2018. After visits X-rays a nuclear imaging and on Friday a arthroscopy, I’m waiting for the results of the samples. With 11 months of pain and suffering I’m wondering if anyone else has been the 1 in a 100 to...
Back
Top Bottom