Recent content by Chrismcd

  1. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    That’s a good idea. Ice and a bit of rest at least for a bit. Also good idea to call the surgeon. I talked to him about 6 weeks ago, right after peptic ulcer diagnosis. I had an X-ray at 2 weeks I think. So I will call tomorrow and see what he says. I have not ever been able to put full...
  2. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    Question...it is now 11 weeks and I can not fully weight bear on my new hip. Without the cane, I lurch and rock to move forward. I am doing all exercises and physio said yesterday that I have a weak gluteus medius ...working really hard at it, but even standing, it hurts like the devil with full...
  3. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    It has been such an interesting journey with both of these hips, each completely different experience. I am making my way through the physio book which has become so important in this last (I hope) stage. I am hiking with walking sticks Every other day and getting around with a cane - my goal is...
  4. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    Thank you all...great reminders of each hip is different! Good and safe weekend to all!
  5. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    Surgeon is very happy, xrays look good. I am a bit behind in recovery but not much. He said just be patient!!! Anyway, that was such a relief. When anything goes wrong I immediately worry about the hip. But all good!
  6. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    It is coming together! Physiotherapist is mostly happy with me, except for rotator muscle group that is still weak and tender. The ulcer did take away nutrients so my healing is a bit slow but it should pick up now. I am feeling so much better, and energy level is returning and I no longer feel...
  7. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    It turns out it was a peptic ulcer from nsaids. A common occurrence, I understand, and now on the road to recovery with a few changes. All part of the adventure of the new hip!
  8. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    All good suggestions, thank you Layla and CricketHip. My GP wasn’t very concerned even though the lab flagged and labeled iron deficiency and low RBC. But, I was (not now) taking calcium because I thought that would help with bone growth. Turns out calcium interferes with iron absorption, so I...
  9. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    That is good to know CricketHip! I will remember that for the 6 months. I have held back on the exercises and am now able to walk with a cane for 45 minutes in the neighborhood. Although I am pooped when I get back, but it is encouraging to be able to walk that far without discomfort. The...
  10. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    Hi there, all is well here. Took a week off to heal two strained muscles but I seem to be okay now. Walking 20 minutes at a time, and only taking Tylenol and Advil. A bit stiff in the mornings but I think that is from the walking, and muscles. Tomorrow is 5 weeks.....:)
  11. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    That is so kind, thank you. Okay I will contemplate the squiggle which is a form of comfort too....Peace to all.
  12. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    I was feeling so good at 17 days, I walked 30 minutes with a cane, did the laundry, made lunch and dinner and a strawberry crumble - normal day. I didn’t sit down. Did some extra exercises given by the physio. Next day, I walked again and then had a nap. Then I couldn’t move. No weight on the...
  13. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    Thank you!!!!
  14. C

    THR Second hip recovery

    Hi there Yesterday I posted in the wrong place about the second surgery- now I can’t find it. instead of a general this time, due to Covid and aspirations, we went with a block and sedative. The pain coming out of the block was intense and it took 2 days to chase the pain, followed by low BP...
  15. C

    THR How to figure out the optimal medication schedule?

    There is an app - medisafe. It figures out when you take what, has some sounds to remind you, and very helpful to keep track.
Back
Top Bottom