Recent content by Chrisadeline

  1. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    8 1/2 weeks now, and I'm starting to feel "normal" again - I'm still having physical therapy, and I think it's helping. I still have a lot of pain when I stand up and start to walk, but once I get going the pain mostly goes away. I'm not using any walking aids and I feel steady on my feet. I'm...
  2. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    Thanks and hope your pain gets better soon.
  3. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    Well, it's been 4 weeks, and I could use some advice. I'm having a lot of pain in my hip and my knee. (same side as hip replacement). I was concerned and went back to the dr. who took xrays again, and said the implant looks fine. She said it must be muscles . I am in as much pain now as I was...
  4. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    Day 18 - my daughter came to my house and cooked Thanksgiving dinner! So thankful for her and everyone who has helped me since my surgery. My leg is still sore but the swelling around the incision is starting to go down, and I'm walking around the house without the cane for the most part...
  5. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    Day 10 - went out to eat today with my husband - first time out - and it felt good! My leg is still sore but I'm not having any problems - I feel good overall. Time to get up and walk a bit!
  6. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    Day 6 and I have graduated to a cane - PT came today and I had a walk up the street! Feeling pretty good , but achy and sore, so I'm taking myself to bed!
  7. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    update for today, my leg and knee are kind of achy and sore, but overall I feel pretty good and I went outside for a brief walk around the court. very brief.-
  8. Chrisadeline

    THR I made it!

    Welcome home! hope you continue to do well. Chrisadeline THR Nov. 11, 2014
  9. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    hello everyone, thanks for all your supportive replies, I am doing well, my hip only really hurts when I'm up and walking or moving it, so I have not had to take narcotic pain meds (yet anyway). It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm looking forward to getting better every day, love all...
  10. Chrisadeline

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    glad you're home! I just got home too!
  11. Chrisadeline

    THR surgery is over!

    And I am home. It wasn't bad at all The only pain I have is when walking - feeling bruised and sore. I was in the hospital for about 24 hrs. after surgery and I'm doing well. I 'm so glad to have it over with! Only problem was low blood pressure last night that make me very lightheaded...
  12. Chrisadeline

    THR on Tuesday, getting nervous

    getting ready to go to the hospital
  13. Chrisadeline

    THR on Tuesday, getting nervous

    thanks everyone
  14. Chrisadeline

    THR on Tuesday, getting nervous

    thanks everyone, I'm ready
  15. Chrisadeline

    THR on Tuesday, getting nervous

    I know this is something I have to do - I can hardly walk any more - just getting nervous as the day approaches! Can't wait to have it over with. Chris
Back
Top Bottom