Recent content by Chocolatine

  1. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Hello! I am now six months post-op and things are going pretty well. I have days where I don't think about my hip at all, which is amazing. Today I went for my first bike ride since surgery and it felt so great. I am still a little leery of getting on and off my bike, but it was fine. Our town...
  2. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    No worries, @Elf1 I meant to get back to you earlier, but ended up traveling over the holiday weekend. I appreciate the tips on bursitis. I really don't know if that's my issue. When I read the BoneSmart articles on a few conditions, they all ring some bells. I am writing this out mainly for...
  3. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Icing does not seem to help as much at this point. I noticed that sometimes the joint felt stiffer after I iced, so I haven't done it for a while. I do have a heating pad- not sure why I haven't tried it yet. It will be snowy tomorrow, so a perfect time to try some heat. Did you ever have...
  4. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    @benne68 A roller coaster is an apt description! I am so glad to be able to keep a diary of sorts on here. It's been so helpful to be able to look back at my own words and all the helpful advice from you all. I am so glad the gallbladder is gone! I am starting to feel like my warranty expired...
  5. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Thanks for checking in! I did have my gallbladder out. The surgery was very fast (like 25 mins), and the recovery has been smooth so far. I was shocked when I saw how small my incisions are- quite a big change from the huge one on my hip! I saw the orthopedic surgeon today to get some feedback...
  6. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    @Elf1 I have been doing so well- I am really kind of surprised by this. I don't have any redness or warmth. I might have a little swelling on the side of my hip, but nothing major. I slept well last night for the first time in days, which is encouraging. I think bursitis is the most likely...
  7. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Thank you, @Gloucestergal65 I really appreciate it.
  8. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    My recovery has really been a roller coaster with no sense of timing. After my 10k step day of triumph, I went back to my usual activities plus a shorter daily walk with my cane. No pain, no trouble sleeping, no need for medication. I woke up with an achy hip on Sat- I thought it was the rain-...
  9. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    I haven't updated my thread much lately, but I hit a big milestone yesterday and I want to record it for posterity. Two of my kids are on spring break, and we decided to go to the art museum in the city. We walked to the bus stop, changed from the bus to the train, then to the subway. Tons of...
  10. C

    THR Post op regression questions

    Hello, Fellow Canadian Hippie! I had a RTHR on Nov 13, and I have gotten amazing advice and support here. It's nice to see another Canadian :wave: Free but flawed is a great description of the healthcare here. My surgery was delayed for many years as well. All kinds of time for me to develop...
  11. C

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    Yay! That's so exciting! You must be so thrilled. I'd love to hear how your Zumba sessions go- that's something I am hoping to do in the future.
  12. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Thank you all- the supportive messages really help. At this point, I think I can safely assume there was nothing glaring in the x-rays. My main worry was that I somehow shifted the cup or pushed the implant further into my femur. I picked up a copy of my x-rays, so I could add them to my...
  13. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    @Freyagirl I almost cried from happiness the first time I got out of bed without any help or fuss. It really was a big milestone. You'll be there soon.
  14. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    I had x-rays taken Thursday afternoon right after the visit with a GP. They took a lot of different views, which was reassuring. The doctor told me that she has a "no news is good news" policy, which is not my favorite. I have not gotten a phone call yet, so I am assuming that the radiologist...
  15. C

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    I am going to my GPs office this afternoon to get an x-ray requisition. My hip and upper thigh felt swollen last night, and I am having some pain at the front and side of my hip. I was a little more active yesterday, so that could be it. Or just soft-tissue injury acting up. I think it's pretty...
Back
Top Bottom