Recent content by chipmunk

  1. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Thanks mature mama. Mmmmm new member? Hope you are doing well! This is a very good site that you will find helpful.
  2. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Dork alert, Dork alert....do not go on 30 mile bike rides two months after THR. That was a bad idea. I will say this...it was a great ride. Davis California, out in the country, slight rain, birds and trees. But...the pain and anxiety that followed kind of ruined the party. Still in bed, back to...
  3. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    thanks...sometimes I am the poster child of things not to do after hip surgery other times I am the poster child of a very satisfied customer. Like you kitte picture.
  4. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Spoke with my OS and he said it sounds like soft tissue damage and should resolve itself within 10 days or so. That said...this new hip is sooooo much better than the one I had. I would have the surgery again in a minute. Amazing what I can do that I could not do before. I used to have to lay my...
  5. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Yes, i do feel like an idiot. He did clear me for cycling and he knows I am a long distant cyclist. But yeah...I know I am the one in charge of my own health and we have to use common sense. I guess he told me what I wanted to hear and off I went. Still very sore, back on a cane. Hoping it is...
  6. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Back on one crutch. Dang. Lying down working. Thank goodness for computers. Thanks for you comforting words.
  7. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Bum. Hope I did not do any damage.
  8. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Problem. My OS cleared me for cycling so I rode a couple of 20 Mile rides then I did a 30 miler the other day. Hip hurts! Also, I have a small very red hard bump at top of incision. I had a glued incision. I this a infection? Is the pain normal after physical activity? I am 50 days post op of a THR.
  9. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    I am very sorry to hear you had a DVT! I had not heard of Clexane self injection so I watched a video on Youtube. Ouch! I hope you do not have to that too many times. Wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.
  10. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Good morning Steve. I have my leg elevated as I type this. When I sleep on my back, every night my foot and toe light up. When I sleep on my side this does not happen. It happened twice last night and I end up sleeping on my side for relief. Wow...it hurts! Thanks for asking. By the way, I was...
  11. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Thanks for asking. Took your advice and am staying home. My wife agrees. Thanks to computers I can get a lot of work done from my bed while taking my PT breaks. I have read your recovery story and am so sorry you have to go through this difficulty, and you are so young. Having read a lot on this...
  12. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Ok, thank you scubysteve and charmed life. Easy to get paranoid about these experiences I have never had before.
  13. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    I tried that but it did not make a difference, other than give me a sore knee.
  14. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Help! Am starting fourth week of recovery. At night while sleeping on back I awake with terrible pain in foot with even worse pain in big toe! The foot is a 7 and the toe in a 9 on the pain scale. I get up and walk it off and feel better. This happens nearly every night. Is my meds wearing off...
  15. chipmunk

    THR Thanks for all advice and encouragement

    Question, and I would like to solicit some advice or opinion. I pastor a church 2 hours from where I live, I plan on returning to work next Sunday which will be 4 weeks after THR. I usually spend the night then drive home the next day. Too soon? Am I being realistic? I am concerned about the 2...
Back
Top Bottom