Recent content by chardae

  1. chardae

    Revision and Knee Immobilizer

    Hi ! I’m scheduled for revision surgery on Apr 12; left knee. My surgeon is placing me in a knee immobilizer for 2 weeks post op, he doesn’t want too much pressure placed on the incision from flexing the knee. I’ve never been in one and just wondering what people have experienced with...
  2. chardae

    2022 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Revision tkr left knee on Apr 12. First implant in 2018 became unstable. Different surgeon this time, and I’m told I will be in a knee immobilizer the first two weeks, so there’s less pressure on the incision. if anyone is familiar with recovery with an immobilizer, please share. Thanks.
  3. chardae

    TKR Chardae's Recovery

    Thank you all for the helpful replies! Well to day surgeons office called, visiting nurse noticed swelling around the foot and some clear blisters on the top of the foot——they think it is from the swelling. My Coumadin reading was a little high, and apparently Coumadin can cause some swelling...
  4. chardae

    TKR Chardae's Recovery

    Surgery on Apr 5 on Left Knee, first timer. Stayed one night in the hospital. Had a Dilaudid pump, which really turned off the appetite; now just on Dilaudid tablets every 3 hours. I'm also on Warfarin--- I have a 46 BMI, so not sure if that's the reason (concern over clots) and I'm also on...
  5. chardae

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    First TKR on Thursday, April 5! Left knee---excited to begin this journey away from the nasty pain of arthritis.
Back
Top Bottom