Recent content by charbear

  1. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Hello again. Its been a busy month for me. I went back to school at 9 weeks post op. Knowing that I needed to ease back into it I was greatful for snow days and a couple of meetings. I had 3 weeks of only 2 to 3 day work weeks. I do elevate at school and take ice also. I do come home and...
  2. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    today was a much better day. I did have PT, which they have been great. They never push me beyond my tolerance. I was able to get to 105 degrees with no pushing by pt. I wanted to call my OS right then. No worries, I won't over do it. I plan on icing, elevating, and resting this weekend...
  3. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Thank you, @Celle.
  4. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    I have read a lot on Bonesmart, which is why I was feeling really good. It is just hard to hear that it wasn't enough for him. But I know I'm getting better, I was able to do full rotations on my recumbent bike today. Thank you for your support.
  5. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Went to see my Dr today for 6 week check up. Went in feeling pretty good, bend is between 95 to 97, depending on stiffness and extension is 2... But I guess That's not good. He wanted me at 115 and 0... Never asked how I was feeling, sleeping, etc. He said I need a manipulation. At 6...
  6. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    @Jockette thank you for your help too. I'm thankful my chin doesn't hurt. :heehee:
  7. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    @Celle I did mean shin. Lol. Thank you for the information. It is very helpful. I read the section about not pushing on my knee to my husband. And he said, oh I know they won't be doing that to you, you won't let them. Haha... He knows me too well.
  8. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Today is Thanksgiving and I am very thankful for my family and their support. My husband has been wonderful. I am now 20 days PO. I had the staples removed yesterday and I don't have that tight feeling from them being in. However, I have a very heavy stiff feeling, which I guess is the...
  9. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Thank you so much. That really truly does help. Thats the whole discussion I have in my head is I don't want to disappoint the Dr. I like my Dr. He's aggressive and I knew that, but I also know me. I'm not so much, well with this situation anyway. Lol. I have therapy today and was going to...
  10. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Thank you for the welcome. Here is what I'm observing and it is a dilemma of wanting to do it the right way. I know everyone is different, heals differently, feels pain differently.... With that here is the observation.... Some People that go to therapy do too much, which I experienced Monday...
  11. C

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    Hello. I had my tlkr on November 3. I left the hospital with a bend of 102, no one touched it. :) its been a long emotional week. I'm just trying to navigate the pain, icing, elevating, medication, pt, and emotions. I have had three pt appontments but I did read a lot of the Bonesmart...
  12. C

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    My surgery is November 3rd. TLKR Feeling nervous yet ready to be free of this bone on bone pain.
Back
Top Bottom