Recent content by Chaotic

  1. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    @Eman85 that's sortof what it looks like on my right side as well. I'm just hoping for symmetry :)
  2. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    @Raftin21 thats exactly what I’m feeling! Thanks for the encouragement :)
  3. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    Hey Howdy Everyone. I am 4 weeks post op, and I forgot my cane at home today. Ooops but that shows how well I'm getting around. I do have a couple questions for any double hippies out there. So I realize that my entire posture is changed and that affects all the parts of my body. This past week...
  4. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    Hey everyone, I wanted to check in. It’s been 3 weeks today. I had my two week surgeon follow up and it went really well. They got PT together the day before my follow up and I was going back to work the following day. It just didn’t happen. My surgeon is very adamant about in home PT so even...
  5. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    I’m lucky, I own my own business but everything is at the office, no remote access so I have no choice but to go in. don’t worry, I’ll be home on ice in no time for a bit.
  6. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    Thank you @Celle and @mojo I am recovering well. There has been a problem with my home health so it’s getting close to two weeks without PT. I can’t say I’m disappointed. I am working on the one step app which has been good because on my own I don’t push beyond where I should as easily. I had a...
  7. Chaotic

    THR Missy45 Recovery: Surgery wasn’t so bad!

    This really is the best place on the internet for joint replacement support! Patience is not my forte, but I’m trying to be better this time around :angel:
  8. Chaotic

    THR Missy45 Recovery: Surgery wasn’t so bad!

    So glad it went well and you are able to let go of the fear and overwhelm. Remember, it does take time and patience is required. I’m saying that for me as much as you :heehee:
  9. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    Hey everyone, I am on day 3 of recovery! I can walk pretty well. The PT at the hospital pushed me pretty hard so I am very sore. This has been a little different than last time. My incision is bloodier than Last time and my drain just kept draining, I feel a lot of pain at the incision site was...
  10. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner and back again...

    Hey guys, so we are coming up on S day. I had my preoperative tests and all came back fine. So I am good to go. I find it disconcerting that my right arch and shoulder hurt more than my left hip at the moment. This is a pattern of my hips, they hurt June thru November and feel fine at the first...
  11. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner and back again...

    Hello hello! So we had some delays, an ice storm in Texas and a few other things, but we finally got some x-rays and I met with my surgeon. The first appointment was just a reminder conversation. He's moved practices so he didn't have all my records. We got the x-rays and he read them but the...
  12. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner and back again...

    Hey guys! I have my surgeon appointment tomorrow and guess what, anxiety and worry abound. Is he going to say I should do other treatments? Is he going to think I’m whiney? Am I ridiculous? Right now, sitting here, my right foot throbs more than my hip (because I put so much weight on my good...
  13. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner and back again...

    @Elf1 As amazing as if feels to walk steadily and without pain, that other surgery presents itself too quickly doesn't it?. I hope you are feeling okay. Thank you and @Mojo333 for the supportive words. It had gotten so bad that I was a day away from getting my cane out of the garage. We did...
  14. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner and back again...

    Hey guys! I had my RTHR in June 2019 and here it is August 2020 and I'm just so ready for my LTHR. We had chosen to remodel our home instead of travel this year, which was good considering Covid. But it also means we didn't really prepare for another hip surgery. I had hoped it would take...
  15. Chaotic

    THR Made it around the corner

    Thank you @Elf1. The nerve thing doesn't really bother me, it is just odd and it was something I didn't realize would happen. :flabber: I love my new hip though. No doubt about it!
Back
Top Bottom