Recent content by Cedric

  1. Cedric

    Needing Some Encouragement...

    Pain wasn't an issue through the whole procedure, I got nausea on the first day which was sorted with a tablet, I broke into a sweat every time I took the strong pain relief(endone?) but that was no big deal-leaving the last-constipation....I believe this is a side effect of the pain relief...
  2. Cedric

    Needing Some Encouragement...

    Hello @kabrissette, I think I might be someone who has experience at a similar age to you. Im 34, and had bilateral total hip replacement on March 26th. This was because of early onset osteoarthritis, and my doctor told me it would make no difference if I had it straightaway or wait for 1-2...
  3. Cedric

    any one have bilateral hip replacement surgery ?

    Hi @LJ-H, I was in hospital for 5 days and then straight home. I had the option of rehab, but I had a physiotherapist(u call them physical therapist) come to our house once every other day for 2 weeks, then once a week for 3 more weeks. I had never been to hospital before and I found it quite...
  4. Cedric

    any one have bilateral hip replacement surgery ?

    I havent heard that and they dont squeak...yet! Apparently if I was older they would use a different prosthetic.
  5. Cedric

    Posterior Approach

    Hello @Bluebell53 I had bilateral THR in March through the back end(posterior). You end up with 2 nice 5 inch scars on ya butt. I don't know about anterior, I don't have any hips left to try it on! What I would say is you have a tender botty for a month or so, and have to sit on a pillow at...
  6. Cedric

    32 and Getting a New Hip

    Hello @Ahaugen612 I had both hips replaced on March 26 and Im 34. Doing very well, and I recommend it. Have a look at my thread, I had all sorts of concerns, but your body does all the hard work healing over time. Constipation, nausea, temperatures, sweating are all side effects of the pain...
  7. Cedric

    any one have bilateral hip replacement surgery ?

    Hello @LJ-H, I had posterior approach and Stryker ceramic on ceramic prosthetics. The posterior approach I think is avoidable if you can as you have a sore butt for weeks, and have to sit on a pillow. Its just what my surgeon wanted to do, so I let him do what he knew best.
  8. Cedric

    any one have bilateral hip replacement surgery ?

    Hello @LJ-H, I'm 34 and had bilateral THR on March 26, over here in Melbourne, Australia. I highly recommend it. I'm doing very well. I reckon I'm 95%, absolutely no pain, I can run, chase after my 3 kids, pick toys up off the ground etc! Have a look at my thread, I had a few concerns early on...
  9. Cedric

    Bilateral THR Questions for the pros.

    Hello @catdemar, Im 6 weeks post op from a BTHR tomorrow, and doing well. Im only 34 however, so you have a few years on me, and Im certainly not a pro! There are a few things Im puzzled about at 6 weeks, such as I dont have a hope on hell of picking anything up off the ground yet, but I...
  10. Cedric

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    No I could actually try and have a go at sleeping on my stomach, Ill see how I go tonight!
  11. Cedric

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    Thanks again for comments from experienced veterans. Im now exactly 3 weeks post op, and I have no pain from hips, just pain from lower back, as I have to sleep on my back all night, every night. I reckon this is the only downside to having bilateral. I was talking to a mates dad last night, who...
  12. Cedric

    Total hip replacement aged 33

    Im fortunate to have a very supportive family, and our oldest 2 have been staying at the inlaws since the operation, and our little guy is at home with us. I have lifted him out of the cot a couple of times, and I shower him(something I have always done) but my wife does most of the caring for...
  13. Cedric

    Total hip replacement aged 33

    hello @Ewok2000uk, all the best with it. Im 34 with 3 kids aged 6,4 and 10 months. I had a bilateral THR 2weeks ago, and Im doing well. It is very scary prior, specially if you have never been sick or had surgery before, but you'll be OK! this website is very good, all the veterans are very...
  14. Cedric

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    Thanks again for further encouraging comments. Its a bit early for me to really comment on this, but if anyone is contemplating bilateral, and you are sub 40 and fit, I would recommend it(not that I know anything else). It is now day 10 and I am off strong pain relief, indeed as Im typing this I...
  15. Cedric

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    Whew! Many thanks to all who took the time to reply to me, it is greatly helpful. Younghippie, it look like you are putting your newfound mobility to good use!
Back
Top Bottom