Recent content by ccrofoot

  1. ccrofoot

    THR Riding the Recovery Roller Coaster

    I tried aspracream for bum pain and pain on the incision site on a chance it would help. It did some. I also ice the spot . I am 6 weeks post op and I can lay on that side about 15 minutes
  2. ccrofoot

    THR Riding the Recovery Roller Coaster

    I second that re:the pain meds. Once in the hospital and once at home missed dosing time and went from pain@2 to 6 :goodpost:
  3. ccrofoot

    THR 6 weeks post op.

    Hi Josephine. To be honest, I actually saw those mantras when I surfing the site and bookmarked it. I love finding this place w/ ppl sharing similiar. I walk around in an dr.office so not a whole lot but by 2:00PM, I need to rest. My hip dr. said when you find yourself forgetting where you...
  4. ccrofoot

    THR 6 weeks post op.

    I think you're right. One good thing , after tomorrow, I'm off until Wed. and then its 3.5 hours here and there for a few weeks but I sort of wish I'd stay off work longer.
  5. ccrofoot

    THR 6 weeks post op.

    Not sure what I did. Its threatened to rain all day and I've been pretty sore. Does weather affect you all? Or (and maybe a stupid idea) but I also did a walking dvd before work. Its hard to dial it back and then I feel like ppl are expecting me to be better already
  6. ccrofoot

    THR 6 weeks post op.

    This is such a nice site to go to, wish I'd known sooner. You look healthy and our relatively young ages, I think it helped me healing wise and it is a different pain, a healing pain.
  7. ccrofoot

    THR 6 weeks post op.

    Hi Claire, did you already have THR? Siggy says April,2014? At first I thought those were labs in the picture, now not so sure
  8. ccrofoot

    THR 6 weeks post op.

    So glad to have found this site. So many things I've been reading and agreeing with. I checked out the library on hip and FAQ's. I find I'm using cane less this week but by 6 hours in, I am tired. Icing the hip now on an air mattress. Question about longer leg length (LLL), how long...
  9. ccrofoot

    THR Feb 25 Birdlady moving to recovery side

    Thanks Chrissie and I will start a thread (oops) did not mean to hi-jack:sorry:. Great relief to hear your LLD is dissapearing
  10. ccrofoot

    THR Feb 25 Birdlady moving to recovery side

    Hello everyone. I wish I'd known this site before THR. So informative. I feel not alone in my feelings and daily expiriences. I am alittle more than 6 weeks post op. I also have a lld but am hopeful it will even out. My doc suggested an insert but I gave him a "no way" look and he was like...
Back
Top Bottom