Thanks everyone , yeah the anxiety to me this time seems worse then last .... guess it might be cause I was frustrated to hear that the original implants came loose
Hello everyone , its been awhile since I've been here , had Left TKR in Sept 14' ...For about a year I did great ROM was excellent was almost pushing 150 degrees , and to the point I could touch my butt with my heel ....Well in dec pain started hitting me for no reason and swelling started...
Okay getting a little paranoid maybe even when I was at dr he said the noise is normal cause the space makes it echo , he says over time the space compresses in the knee are and you won't hear .... Is this normal ??? I know I have some scar tissue but it's more in the area of the top of the...
@Clipless - Thanks for posting , as far as ROM when I listed it at 100 that was according to my in home therapist which didn't actual measure its was more of a guesstimate , and buy they were off when I went into Out Patient PT ...when I started there I was only getting 80 to 85 ....
By the...
Well Hello Bonesmart , it's been awhile since I have been here and figured I would check in...also have a question to. Anyway, update - I am 4 months Post Op and feeling okay still going to pt on a aftercare program 3x a week. I now have 140 degrees flexion and 0 on extension. Shooting for...
Thanks for all the comments , sorry I haven't updated much .. Had a few setbacks as for as my new knee hasn't been coming around as fast as I would have liked it. But now at 3 1/2 weeks post I am getting along with walker okay and hoping in the next day or two I will be able to move to a cane...
Another update , things a little smoother this week. Still a lot of swelling and pain but trying best to manage it. Got my staples out on Thursday and got some X-rays. Plus I got the surgery report letting me know how my orginal knee was and apparently once inside it was a lot worse then they...
another quick update .....My in home PT guy Scott was here Thursday and Friday Thursday was a bad night of pain but got thru it , Friday night was best night ever slept 4 hours straight , I was so Happy I thought it was a dream ... To be honest some of the pain has been a lot more then I ever...
Just another update. Last couple days have been riddled in some pain. Well actually a lot of pain But pushing my way thru. Oh and by way still no in home PT therapist has showed up yet. Suppose to be today. But have been in the range motion machine thing for 6 hours per day but do it 2 hr...
Day 2 at home still waiting for in home pt to show up errrr. Exercising with the range machine they dropped of today. Elevating , icing and I actually got 4 hours straight if sleep last. Wow. That was nice.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just for the news they are going to released me today to go home. May take a couple of days before I checkin but so happy. Have not slept here at all. So so so excited.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Day 1 post day. Nerve blocking went bye bye over night and the pain got bad. This afternoon they upped my pain meds. Thank god. Went to urniate with pt person and walked about 50 steps totall. Pains is worse then I had thought but I do know and I am being positive that it is the healing...
I AM NOW BIONIC. Surgery went well and without a hitch they did general anesthetic and a nerve block. So far not much pain yet but I know it's coming. Well going to try to sleep a lil and and wanted to check in and say I reached the otherside
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well just 12 hours till I leave to become Bionic as my 13 year old says ..(LTKR) - Figured I would start my recovery thread now so I can find it more easily in the next couple of days ....Well first Thank you BoneSmart and the community here for being so great with information and more...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.