Recent content by catlady

  1. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Going to PT today after the long weekend and I have to admit I'm scared about how it will turn out. I was faithful to the Bonesmart mantra and only did gentle stretches and lots of ice and elevation. I know I'm not supposed to be caught up in numbers, but it's hard to not worry that I will...
  2. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Thanks, Maryo52 - That's really interesting. I'm seeing my OS this week and might ask him which he did first. I'm sure he won't remember, but it should be in my file. I see that you had a MUA and additional adhesion surgery. What was your ROM and how did that go? I'm not thinking I'll need...
  3. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Thank you, Wanda- I just spent time reading through your recovery thread and it helped a lot. You are right - I need to just listen to my knees. I also need to stop obsessing about my ROM numbers. This isn't going to happen overnight (or in 2 - 3 months) - it's going to be a long haul, so I...
  4. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Wrist and Elbow pain overuse warning!

    Hi Ray - I've also had problems with my wrists and hands in general - also back and shoulders. I'm finding most days I just ache all over. I think that doing everything involved with this recovery - whether simply sitting down and getting up, to doing the PT exercises and stretches takes much...
  5. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Hi Stacie - Trying to figure out how much is too much is definitely my biggest challenge! My PT says I'll get the ROM in the left knee, but he seems to think more aggressive is the way to go. After he really pushed me last week (with tears streaming down my face), I felt like I should be more...
  6. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Thanks, Josephine - I will be reading through all of the articles. I was on the Celebrex and aspirin together as the aspirin was in place of Cumadin or Warfarin - just lucky that I wasn't on one of those. Thanks for the encouragement - off to read and do my GENTLE stretches. You guys are...
  7. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Thanks, Wanda - It does make me feel better to hear that gentle can actually achieve results. And that ROM continues after the magic 6 weeks. I knew this would not be a fast or easy recovery, but when you're in the middle of it you tend to lose sight of that. Patience... Linda
  8. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Thanks so much for the encouragement - honestly, I shouldn't have stopped coming to this site. It's so helpful to hear from people who have been through the same thing. Patience is not always easy, but I will make it my mantra from here on out....
  9. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    I haven't posted anything in quite some time - I'm now six weeks post surgery. Two weeks post surgery I had a bit of an unexpected complication - a pretty nasty GI bleed which was apparently caused be taking a combination of Celebrex and aspirin and using the much needed laxatives. Lost a lot...
  10. catlady

    New to site - BTKR Aug 1st!!

    Hi Stacie - We are all wishing you the best of luck on Thursday - please keep us posted. I thought I'd put my two cents in as far as what you need for the hospital, because I took way more than I needed. In spite of a very full bag here's what I ended up using for my 3 night stay: 1 comfy too...
  11. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

    Hi Wanda - It's so interesting how differently people heal. After the first few days (I'm at close to two weeks post BTKR) I've had no problems lifting my legs or straightening (I've been at 0 quite a while). My problem is ROM - especially my left knee. Hurts terribly, but making small...
  12. catlady

    Scheduled for BTKA on August 27

    I, too had a crying meltdown. A couple, actually. The first was the day after surgery - I have to admit, I did question whether I could do this (a little late, I guess, but what can I say?). I've been teary off and on since then, but mostly very positive and upbeat. Just keep your eye on the...
  13. catlady

    Appointment with Surgeon Tomorrow

    Hi SMenasco - Are you having problems with one or both knees? I just had both done on July 18. My best suggestion is to try to pick a surgeon that does a lot of knees. In my case, this meant going 4hours from where I live - a hassle, but the doc I chose does only knees and hips. If you are...
  14. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Six weeks post surgery and struggling

    Thanks so much, Wanda and Diana! I am so much better now - it really does get better everyday. It's funny how you think you'll have so much "down time" after your surgery, but in reality you spend most of the time between PT, icing/elevation, napping and normal stuff. But I'm happy to be back...
  15. catlady

    Bilateral TKR Tori's done the leap.. err stumble.. errr roll.. just other side...LTKR and RPKR

    Hi Tori - It's so good to keep a sense of humor through this - you just made me laugh out loud picturing cousins of Honey Boo Boo!! I had bilateral TKR on July 18. I didn't go to rehab, but I have a wonderful hubbie to help me. As I am a week before you, I can tell you it literally gets...
Back
Top Bottom