Recent content by Cati

  1. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    No, i gave up trying to explain! Lol but, he was very, very anti any form of running, no matter what surface or speed. Swimming and some cycling was all he approved of! I have no idea who he was to be honest. I had never met him before, not sure how these things work, i saw surgeon at initial...
  2. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Thank you for the replies. Nessiepie, i think you are right, differing thoughts can be so confusingand i have definitely felt on a emotional rollercoaster. The hospital physio has made me feel so much better yesterday, she can see a difference in a week (i have been doing my exercises...
  3. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Thank you poppet. I'm off to have a read. The operating surgeon was all for me continuing with my hobbies so perhaps who ever i saw yesterdaywas perhaps more old fashioned in views? Life is too short to live like an old woman! He reminded me of the first surgeon i saw 2years ago who told me i...
  4. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Thank you for your reply. You have made me feel so much better and more positive about the future. X
  5. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Hi everyone. I'm 14 weeks post op Thursday. Doing ok, have now been referred after phoning for advice, to physio as struggling with a sore knee without either the one stick or crutch. It's taken a while to get strength back in the operated leg, but after 4 years of having a damaged hip, then...
  6. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Can i ask a walking aid question? I'm on two crutches until 6weeks ish as a guide from physios. (Next week is 6 weeks) i've got a cementless, but can weightbear from the start. i've had a dabble on the one crutch in the house today and go very lopsided and unbalanced, limping etc, just can't do...
  7. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Absolutely, it's a fantastic hospital. I feel very fortunate to have had it done there. i've had clarity on what i can/can't do and for how long now. So onwards and upwards. Anne, i'm cursing this weather, snow, heavy rain and now gail force winds! I'm trying to get out for a walk for fresh...
  8. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Omg! Hi! So nice to hear from you! Glad you both made it out the next day. Poor Marian, i hope she made a good recovery. The three of you made the stay so much more bearable. Regarding the flannel and towel, this is what i get for letting my husband pack my stuff! Lol Keep in touch!
  9. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Thanks Jaycey. :)
  10. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Thanks all and thanks for info Josephine. I'm reading everything everyone gives me. :) i will try the 2xcodeine before bed too. I'm taking them every 4/6 hours. I think it's just the conflicting weeks and dates mentioned by various healthcare staff that's got me confused and i will ring on...
  11. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    He had said in the initial consultation in August work would be 8-12 weeks, so i was prepared for that as i have a physical job. That i don't mind really except now i will need an extension of the sick note. I remember him saying that driving would be about 6 weeks too, which contradicts what...
  12. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    I have had my follow up date today, 16th of April! This feels so far away to me with no one to tell me if i'm doing ok or how to progress? I'm not that bothered about the driving part. Not ideal with work either. But i feel trapped almost if all restrictions are in place until then? I.e going...
  13. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Ah! This is great advice! I have my leg in a pillow trough, bought one after using it in hospital, i like the security of knowing i couldn't move it in my sleep.i'm like you lovegardening, so wish to curl up! I used to lay on the floor loads too. I also miss a warm bath! So, i guess i could do...
  14. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Thanks all. I thought i was 'well prepared' with what to expect. But, i never thought resting would be this hard! Lol I'm having a slight hiccup with sleeping. Pre op, by the end i ad back pain at night, lower back, sacroiliac area and couldn't sleep on my back and only on my sides for short...
  15. Cati

    THR 10th of January LTHR

    Forgot to say,i definitely have had post op blues (prematurely?) through feeling trapped in the house.
Back
Top Bottom