Recent content by Caspermango

  1. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Thanks. Good to know it’s not too unusual and should settle.
  2. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Ok. Thanks. But is it normal to get swelling after new activity more than a year post op? And does this change in the future? At what stage do the knees stop swelling? Or will they always swell if over-worked?
  3. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Hi, I was signed off by my surgeon a few weeks ago. I was delighted. Knees were great. I did a lot of decorating over the last few weeks. Up ladders and moving around a lot. I had no problem at first, then suddenly last week my knees got sore. Mainly the knee that was always worse. I thought it...
  4. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Thanks so much for your answer. It’s very reassuring to know that prolonged pain after straightening is normal. I love your description of the gofer hole! It’s absolutely dead on!!
  5. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Thanks. I have a pair of those from before my op. I will try it and see if it helps the MCL.
  6. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    This is interesting. I may try this. My MCL has been hurting for a couple of months, since I finished up my pain meds totally. But I haven’t tried a brace. What kind of brace? I have some neoprene ones from before my knee op.
  7. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Has anyone had this MCL problem after leg straightening?
  8. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    A different question re MCL: I have had pain in the MCL ligament since my PKR’s. Just on the right knee. When I spoke to my surgeon he told me that when he straightened my legs during the replacement surgery, the MCL would have been stretched. It pains in bed if my leg hangs and pulls the MCL...
  9. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Thanks. That’s encouraging to know.
  10. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Thanks for your answers. I know it won’t literally recover over night, but at 5 months I would have thought that a nights rest would Leave them good for half an hour first thing in the morning.
  11. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    What bothers me most is that my knees are not recovering over the night. When I wake up and go to the kitchen to make some breakfast, within a couple of minutes they feel like I’ve been up all day - pressurised and achy.
  12. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Hi, I had a bilateral PKR 5 months ago on 30th November. First 6 weeks were tough but then very steady improvement. I was very pleased with the 2-4 month post op period. I’m 60 and retired and have time to exercise. Since lockdown here life changed and with 3 young adults working from home and...
  13. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Thanks for all the advice. ive had to go back to using crutches and pain relief - Nurofen. Is this normal at 9 weeks? I was actually better at 7 weeks, but now it’s swollen and sore again.
  14. Caspermango

    Bilateral PKR Swelling

    Ive been very active with housework, shopping, tidying, but I sit down and put kegs up when they get sore. Is this too much at 9 weeks?
Back
Top Bottom