Recent content by CarrieBTW

  1. CarrieBTW

    TKR Early return to work

    @elizzycals I started off working 8-4, although in a normal world...I would work about 7am-6pm. I had to take at least a 20 min nap in the morning and again in the afternoon those first couple weeks. It does get better!
  2. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    @GingerP That is great that you haven’t had to rely on the potent pills! Wow- both hips and both knees...you have really been through it all! I had same issue with getting up from chairs in the early days. Happy healing to you!
  3. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    7.5 weeks post surgery, and it’s been a rough week. I decided to stop taking my hydrocodone (Norco) entirely, as I felt like my pain was better managed by just Tylenol at this point. Unfortunately, I didn’t read the BoneSmart article about tapering off opioids first. This led to a horrible few...
  4. CarrieBTW

    TKR Early return to work

    I had both knees done on Dec 13, and went back to work Jan 2nd. Naïvely thought that since I have a work from home desk job, it would be just fine. I underestimated the exhaustion and amount of internal healing still needed. I experienced a lot of fatigue that really didn’t let up until about...
  5. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    @sistersinhim I still don’t have a good nighttime rhythm yet- some nights I sleep great, but many nights I wake every hour or two.
  6. CarrieBTW

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Welcome to the TKR “club”! I had both mine replaced 6 weeks ago...and doc was teasing me about being young at 44. You win! What I am finding, 6 weeks into this, is I have to fight the urge to jump in and do too much. My brain is ready to bike, exercise, etc- but my body needs time to heal. Just...
  7. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    Six weeks post surgery, as of yesterday. I decided to cut back on formal Physical Therapy, and concentrate on home exercises to keep flexion. I also cut back on the bike at the gym- as I think (I know) I was overdoing it. I’m loosening up on the bike only, and then moving to the pool for light...
  8. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    Your recovery amazes me. Fellow Missouri TKR here. When I get to 3.5 months, I hope to be able to bike Forest Park again!
  9. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    Oh my gosh, yes- standing with no pain was a huge win! I’ve noticed I have to re-train myself to walk standing straight up and not hunched. I got so used to walking that way for pain. When I used to go to the grocery store- I wound hold on to the cart for dear life!
  10. CarrieBTW

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    I had both knees replaced (bilateral total knee replacement) on Dec 13. I was a younger candidate (44yrs) but was told my knees were that of an 80yr old. As of this post, I am 2 days away from my 6 week milestone. Finding this forum late, so will make this first post a “catch-up” on some of my...
  11. CarrieBTW

    Welcome to the December SuperNovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Please add me to the December buddies. Bilateral TKR Dec 13.
Back
Top Bottom