Recent content by carolyn1941#

  1. carolyn1941#

    PKR

    Not to eat protein meant no animal meat protein.When I find out the answer I will let everyone know. It seems every doctor has their own ideas on things. Also he is a well respected doctor and my family doctor said he did her grandmothers knees and he is a very good surgeon. I know he and his...
  2. carolyn1941#

    PKR

    I did not have or notice any problems with my knees until January 2013 when all of a sudden they started hurting. I have always been active in working out in a fitness center for almost 30 years and me and my dog walk almost every day. Even now the pain is really not that bad but I can't do a...
  3. carolyn1941#

    PKR

    My surgery date is Dec 4th on my right knee and Feb 4th 2014 on my left knee. I am just so ready. I am a pretty active person and now all I can do is just sit around and gain weight. I have everything all ready and have read everything on this website to prepare me pre and post-op. I have a...
  4. carolyn1941#

    Knee Replacement Treatment Disparity for Minorities

    BionicWoman2 you hit the nail on the head. I could not have phased it better. I went through raising a son alone with no help and I am truly thankful my knee problems begin at a much later age but I can relate to everything you said. There is still a wide gap between the different ethic...
  5. carolyn1941#

    Knee Replacement Treatment Disparity for Minorities

    Your artiful is very interesting as I am a African American woman 72 years of age and will have back to back MIS knee surgery in November. Now I am active in exercising and when my knees started hurting I went to to the doctor and was told I have arthritis in one part of my knees. Now I think...
  6. carolyn1941#

    knee surgery October 22nd 2013

    Thanks everybody for all the information. Even though I'm having Makoplasty surgery I am under no false assumption that it is easier than TKR. You have to do everything the same. I have a very good doctor that is right now on a two month leave so he will be good and rested when he gets back. Now...
  7. carolyn1941#

    knee surgery October 22nd 2013

    This is my first time posting, however I check into the website every day. I am having the Makoplasty surgery on my right knee in Oct and then my left knee soon after. I have read everything on this kind of surgery plus all the information given on this website so I am ready for whatever comes...
Back
Top Bottom