Recent content by Cargo231

  1. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Update. 2nd Orthopedic appointment. Continue to find blood leaking into the knee joint. Today the doc took another sample to send out to a special testing lab. The initial bloodwork showed high level of white blood cells. So doc wants to make absolutely sure there is no infection before doing...
  2. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    It’s it’s a rare condition called Hemarthrosis. Bleeding into the joint.
  3. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    That was not supposed to be a question mark…should be an exclamation point
  4. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Finally saw a wonderful orthopedic surgeon this morning. He decided to drain the knee. Once he started he said it’s filled with blood. Said this happens once in a while especially when on blood thinners, which I am. He’s sending a sample to the lab. Has me returning on June 25th. He said if it...
  5. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    OK Thank you. I will make sure to cover all those points when I call in the morning. It’s funny, even though I am still in pain, I feel better knowing that there’s progress. This last week has been difficult, especially not being able to get an appointment. Feeling all alone and abandoned. Now...
  6. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Update: spent 5 hours in the ER yesterday after being transferred by rescue because I could not walk at all due to incredible pain . Never utilized a rescue in all my years. Kind of felt foolish, but I could not put ANY weight on my leg. X-Ray showed the implant is fine. Which is a huge relief...
  7. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Great! I got up this morning feeling pretty good. By 9:00 a.m. my knee swelled up like a cantaloupe! Just a tiny bit of weight on it caused excruciating pain and discomfort. I have moved from the state I had the operation in and the orthopedic office here ‘can’t give me an appointment’ until...
  8. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    I have completely taken it easy for the past two days now. Elevating and icing. The swelling has gone done a great deal ( about half). I am wondering if carrying a VERY heavy bag up from the car (I was brining several grocery bags up in one extremely large tote bag, with one average sized bag in...
  9. C

    TKR Sharing helps

    Wow..LadyZ …I can see what I went through in everything that you said. It’s emotionally draining the first few weeks. And I see that SHARING is vital to our recovery. I think I keep the difficulties to myself now that I am months out from surgery. I don’t want to burden my family, It’s such a...
  10. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    My left TKR was done on November 8, 2023.
  11. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Boy I hope that is what is going on. I can’t stand the thought of going through another surgery. Thank you.
  12. C

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Sudden pain and swelling 6+ months after TKR. Difficult walking and nearly impossible to get on and off the toilet. Was doing excellent prior to today. Some clicking noticed earlier today. Very worrisome. Has this happened to anyone else on this site months after TKR?
Back
Top Bottom