Recent content by Carcon

  1. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Carcon's new shoulder

    It’s more a dull ache, almost a light muscle spasm. It comes and goes. My sling doesn’t have the abductor pillow. Specifically instructed to maintain arm close to body. Basic exercises to stretch fingers. I have ketorolac, 10mg every 6hr and Percocet every 4 hours both as needed. I usually...
  2. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Carcon's new shoulder

    I had my rsr Jan 21 and I’m so glad to finally be on this side of the discussion! I’ve been doing pretty well, not a lot of pain-the usual sleep, sling issues. However, the last couple of days I have had pain in different parts my upper arm-bicep and deltoid in particular. I know I had some...
  3. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    Hi, Looks like it’s a go for my left reverse shoulder replacement surgery Friday, Jan 21! Have had all of my pre-op consults, exams, including Covid. Surgeon said four weeks in the sling. Should be able to do my PT myself. Also said I should be able to drive after two weeks! I’m not making any...
  4. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    I had a year of medical management on the left shoulder: injections, home pt, icing, Rx nsaid before getting to the surgery point. I have had one injection in the right shoulder with brief relief. Using the same home routine. My understanding is that we’re going to try this approach before...
  5. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    The other will also be a rsr. My surgeon has an upper age limit for rotator cuff repair-75. I just barely made it when he did it 3 years ago. Right now I’m just befuddled about navigating day to day activities between these two bum shoulders‍
  6. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    I’m still on schedule for Jan 21 for a rsr on the left. Meanwhile, mid October I noticed some pain in my right shoulder where I had a rotator cuff repair three years ago. This was after a particularly active period so I thought it would go away. It didn’t. Finally saw my ortho. Nothing on x-Ray...
  7. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    So happy! Surgery scheduled for January 21! I’m so ready to be on the other side of this
  8. C

    Outpatient TSR

    That is great! I know you’re ready to get it done and go on to the next phase of getting your life back! The hospital where my surgery is to be done has put all inpatient joint replacement surgeries on hold so I no longer have my tentative Jan 7 date. My doctor said I probably would be able to...
  9. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    Thanks. I’m amazed at how down I am about this. Seems that my shoulder and arm hurt more. I’m definitely having more difficulty sleeping…finding a not too uncomfortable position
  10. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    My tentative surgery date is now on hold! The hospital where it is to be done has suspended scheduling inpatient joint replacement surgeries. It’s understandable but still frustrating.
  11. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    I still have my sling. It has the abduction pillow that I was told to stop using after the first couple of weeks last time. I’m thinking day to day may be easier since I can use my dominant side. I’ve heard that rsr pain isn’t as bad as the rotator cuff repair. What’s your experience?
  12. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    I’m having a reverse replacement on my non-dominant left side. The rotator cuff repair was on the right. I’m interested in the comparative experience in the recovery process. My doctor has told me the sling is about a month and that I can probably do PT at home. Any day to day/functional issues...
  13. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    My surgery is tentatively scheduled for Jan 7. I feel better just knowing there is plan to end this.
  14. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    Of course that makes perfect sense!
  15. C

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Back again

    What was scary was how long the incision is! Guess I hadn’t really thought about the fact that it wouldn’t be an arthroscopic procedure!. I too will wear my scar with pride when I no longer have to think about everything through the lens of my shoulder!
Back
Top Bottom