Recent content by canoewoman

  1. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    Well today I had a shock. I went to the central library which is new and gorgeous and up to the 5th floor where the cafe overhangs the building and you have a great view of the city and the harbour (Halifax, Nova Scotia) and went to sit down in a chair and the chair was not there. I simply...
  2. C

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    I am 5 months out of a TKR and I use the cane when I go out but not at home and have very little pain or swelling anymore and just finished physiotherapy with an ROM of 117 and can lay my leg flat at last. I feel so much better than I did this time last year after a hip replacement and if all...
  3. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    I have rather lost track here of my posts. Post PTherapy is not nearly as painful as earlier. I am 12 weeks out now and I walk every day and do light housework and get out when the weather is good. I have gone to a public garden party, the museum, the art gallery and my sons for dinners and...
  4. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    Also I am off the dilaudid about 3 weeks ago and just take tylenol 3 when needed. It helps but I have done some strenuous walking and had no pain later and then other days I have done very little and had pain at night so there is no real rhyme or reason to this.
  5. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    I have been off site for a while as I have focused on rest, elevation, ice and PT which is tough but still doing it and my ROM is up to 115 right now and also I can lay the leg flat. There is no bend in the leg anymore but the knee cap had work done on it and it is still painful. I have...
  6. C

    TKR 4 months out

    Physio does hurt and I think you cannot avoid it but I lie down with a little support under the ankle and the physio therapist puts a weighted bag on my thigh above the knee to hold things down and its not too bad. She does not push on the knee at all and in fact does not touch the knee. I am...
  7. C

    Patella replacement question?

    Knee cap replacements are being done less and less but in your case given the previous information your surgeon may do something with the caps but just ask before the surgery. My son asked for me because the day of I was too anxious to remember anything so while waiting in the family wait...
  8. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    I did a foot pump, that is my feet were up against a metal wall and I pushed on it with my knee slowly bending and back again. She can set the pressure but it was very low. I also had my foot in a pulley, that is I had a chain attached and could raise and lower it at my discretion which...
  9. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    I am in week 4 and started PT last week...delayed a bit because the wound needed another weeks before all the staples could come out. I had a mild PT session Monday and paid for it Monday night...all night terrible nagging pain in my whole leg. I finally got to sleep around 4 am. I have...
  10. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    My short posts seem to have disappeared. How long can you stay on morphine and how much? I find the bottle say as needed so I got through 8 hours without nothing and then took the meds in prepararation for bedtime and a the pain started and it took another dose 4 hours later to get on top of...
  11. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    BTW I did have one of the finest orthopaedic surgeons in Canada. He is renowned and not for show and glamour but for his expertise and experience and genuine interest in his patients. He remembers things. He is retiring July 1 so had I not done this now I would have to wait a year or more...
  12. C

    TKR Post op pain very bad

    I had my knee replacement on the 23rd. The surgery was successful but the recovery thus far has been a torment. I can say I would never do this again and that is not meant to discourage others but even morphine has not helped some nights. I have severe pain on the side of my calf, thigh and...
  13. C

    funnily enough surgery tomorrow, knee is killing me today!

    This is a quote from another post about cortisone injections and there are others in the same thread which are similar. Really check this out because you may have to hold off. "Yes - my surgeon will not do my knee replacement sooner than 3 months from getting a cortisone shot due to risk of...
  14. C

    funnily enough surgery tomorrow, knee is killing me today!

    Good luck tomorrow. I too am having my knee done tomorrow but a quick question regarding the cortisone injection 6 weeks ago. I was lead to believe you had to wait longer for the cortisone to wear off before surgery because of the risks of infection so you may want to run that by the surgical...
  15. C

    Countdown to surgery 23rd of May - panicking

    including the 'hat'...sorry for the typo. She looked very much in charge of her tasks.
Back
Top Bottom