Just received news surgery has to be moved because no one told me not to take my trulicity yesterday. You have to be 7 days without it. So everybody out there, make sure that you ask your doctor is there any medication I need to stop before this surgery? Because no one told me not to take it.
22nd left PKR. Was planning to wait til next Spring giving the right healing time & for warmer weather. Don't needs to slip on ice learning how to go down steps. However, the left decided it wanted attention & nearly buckled inwardly while walking in living room. X-rays showed it had leaned...
Is it normal to hit walls during recovery? Internal pain started increasing as I increased walking distance. Still careful walking down stairs & up. Have had to do RICE since a week ago. Yes I sent surgeon an update with my Qs, but I wanted to hear from people here who are new recoveries. How...
2 things: listen to those who have gone before you. 1: PUT YOUR EGO & TOUGHNESS IN A DRAWER & LISTEN.
2: KEEP YOUR PHONE CHARGED & ON YOU. It's useless if you fall, lose balance, or you get stuck in a stride & your phone is just out of reach or in another room because you thought it's not that...
Did anyone have emotional crash after knee surgery? I wasn't told it could happen. It was a sudden bad day. They need to tell us EVERY possible deal. I don't like surprises like that. My service dog helped me thru it. Good girl
Surgery was June 3rd. I elected to stay in hospital 2 days since I live alone with service dog. Well, I was up walking not knowing I was to call for assistance. They actually put an alarm on the bed to tattle when my bum left the bed. I know it was for my safety, but I didn't want to bother...
Hello everyone. Had surgery 3rd, stayed in hospital 2 days to get an understanding of what was going on rather than need. Wonderful Dr.
For me the walker caused more problems than help. Nearly fell 3X in hospital, 2X home. I put it away. Didn't need it anyway. Started walking after I fully...
I wasn't told of the possibility of emotional reactions after bypass. Does any of that happen with TKR? Is it just surgery in general it can happen with?
She's trained to stay at the top while Iake my way down, then come by me. I have different lengths of leads. Going up she'll go first then wait for me. My hand never lets go of the railing even now. If I try it I feel like I'm floating backwards. How long before you balance came back? I'll have...
RAYLO, or anyone with stairs, when were you able to bend your knee going down & up? I have 15 to get to apt. Service dog goes out 4X a day. I practice the good up bad down going both ways, but was wondering when you first tried bending it? Thats my stressed. I'll try it going up first of course...
THANK YOU ARMY RANGER TRAINING! I kept my CamelBak across my knee filled with ice & just a bit of water for a slow melt time. Kept the hose along my side for easy sips. Saved my life when I had MRSA twice in 2001. I lost 17lb in 2 days. All bad. Also learned from that to not wear clothes, keep...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.