@BusterBeans
Take it easy on the pain. Although Percocet is a little strong for my tastes we are all different.
Yeah I was doing good the first week. Then bad again. Then good and. Then just ok..............you get the picture.
I still have bad days but they just simply call for some Advil...
Hey swim girl. Just dropping in to say hi. Hope your doing well!
When is your 1 month check? Mine will be Monday.
Sounds like you slowly getting there. I will say that it is tough transitioning back to walking normal. I struggled for about a week or so. Walking on UNEVEN ground actually is...
Full update coming Monday after my dr appt.
But for today, a new way to keep you ice pack lasting longer!!
This is our newest family member Cooper. He decided that laying right on top of my ice pack would be a good place to nap!!!
Welcome. And thanks again for the tag tweety.
I'm exactly 3 weeks post op from my labrum repair with CAM impingement.
I'm 28 years old. Work construction. I'm not into extreme sports per say but I work hard and ask a lot of my body. I was 4 years befor the issue was found.
As of right now...
Lol. I should really clarify.
When I say finishing concrete, I'm saying I was standing there, fully upright, holding nothing more than a concrete trial in my right hand and waving it back and forth over the surface to get a nice finish. Not really "work" in my book.
But it felt good to be...
Haven't had a chance to ask about it again. Next appt isn't until oct 3rd. I do know that I have talked to even more people that have had this done and they all used it. I'm guessing just keeping ROM.
General update from me. Crutches are GONE!!!! YESSSSSSS.
Been walking unaided since Friday...
SHES ALIVE!!!!
Glad to see you back. Glad your up and going strong. We were worried for a while.
Mine went well. I'm still gaining daily. 2 steps forward 1 step back.
Wow. Sorry to hear your troubles. All I can do echo what others have said.
I would get a second opinion and quick. Even if it means some out of pocket costs.
Then a third opinion and a fourth. Find THE BEST!! No questions asked.
They will work with your insurance situation. You might...
Thanks for the tag Jaycey
Hi Sharon. Yep I'm the new guy that JUST had arthroscopic On my left hip. At 28 years old I had been hurting for almost 4 years!!!!
Did dr mention any impingement? Labral tear?
I had a CAM impingement (pretty well a bone spur on the neck of my femur) that caused a...
Hey busterbeans, I'm feeling pretty good all things considered!!
PT changed the way I was walking on the crutches and I like it much more. A little slower but feels more natural. Went from no touching at all to just toe touch weight bearing
She checked my range of motion and I'm at about...
I'm wondering why you say I should stay on the strong paid Meds for such an extended period? I've been reading quite a bit and it seems to be very common for folks to ditch the strong stuff after just a few days.
I can honestly say that right now I'm in less pain than before surgery and only...
Dr's orders.
When I first mentioned it here I got the same reaction, but it seems to be very common in my area. I have talked to multiple people from different dr.'s in the St. Louis area and they all used the CPM.
My dr is with Washington university which what from what I understand is one...
Thanks Jaycey. That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. Tylenol it is! So far I'm doing good as far as pain. Only a 2-3 most of the time.
6-8 hours on this CPM is tough to get in. I'm usually doing about 1.5 hours at a time before I get tired of it and ready to get off. But so far...
Quick question. I'm trying to kick the norco already. Am I ok to go to Advil or should I go Tylenol? Does it matter?
I'm taking naproxen for the inflammation. Just didnt know if Advil would be an issue combined with it.
As strange as it sound Tylenol gives me a headache. (Hence why I hate the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.