Recent content by cait1981

  1. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thanks WFD, Both my TKR were done by the safe surgeon same hospital 5 years apart. The first knee started having issues many years before and I put off surgery as long as I could hear it. I was encouraged to stay in hospital for 10 days until the staples were removed because why not. But I...
  2. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    RTKR 20/11/2021 I am 16 weeks post op and have had flank pain left side for the last 10 weeks. Urine tests show no kidney issues and Physio and GP say muscular - it won’t go and is so annoyingly painful. I’ve been going to physio regularly for sciatic pain that started after my op and Just...
  3. cait1981

    High table question for ROM exercises

    I use the dining table - it’s high enough for me to gently swing my leg back and forth while watching family cook a meal
  4. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thanks Jockette - I agree it’s either that or the way they manipulated my leg but I was hoping at almost 5 weeks PO it would have gone :(
  5. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thank you for the information I will adjust my paracetamol dose. I stopped taking oxy last night as I started feeling nauseous a few days ago and the knee pain has been reducing. It’s the glute and back of thigh pain on surgical leg that I’m struggling with. It started the day after surgery and...
  6. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thanks everyone - I’m 4 weeks post op yesterday and taking things one day at a time. Pain and sleepless nights are my biggest struggle - I have been taking paracetamol 4hourly and 5mg Oxy twice a day - had to recently reduced to 1/2 tablet twice a day as I’m finding it hard to get a GP to...
  7. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    TRKR - 4 weeks post op Hi all, My recovery has been going well with no real issues outside what is expected. This morning half asleep I got up from the loo putting pressure on my surgical leg and now have pain behind my knee cap when getting up and down and when walking - it’s not severe pain...
  8. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thank you for the replies - amazingly after posting this morning my pain significantly reduced and went completely - I was quite teary this morning due to pain and had people praying for me so I am thankful for answered prayer and now praying the pain never returns - in Jesus Name Amen
  9. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    RTKR - 18 days post op I’m really struggling with this butt, groin and hip pain and I’m scared it is not going to go away. My knee is going well and I wouldn’t have to take oxy if it wasn’t for the back pain. I saw the GP yesterday who rushed me in and out and said ask the physio for some...
  10. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    I have 3 small blisters pop up near my wound - I had the honeycomb dressing removed on Tuesday and where they are would be along the edge of the tape I think. My question is do I leave them alone, cover with something or put antiseptic powder on them?
  11. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    They said not to use creams or anything on the wound but wondering about best option re keeping it covered with long pants or shorts to limit contact with fabric rubbing - I have no pets but how do I protect it from germs getting in
  12. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    So the Physio came today and referred me for Doppler scan to rule out DVT and I got straight in for appointment which is great. The technician was pretty brutal so it was painful - they said no blood clots though so that’s excellent - I then went to the wound clinic and they removed the...
  13. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thanks everyone - I am day 7 post op and the knee pain is manageable but still having strong hip pain and sciatica on surgical leg side - praying this goes away as it’s impacting sleep and meds are not helping much. I didn’t have this pre surgery so thinking it’s from the spinal block or leg...
  14. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    It seems a little easier this time round Sara61 I must say - a few things are different like no staples - no drain when I woke - robot assist
  15. cait1981

    TKR Back pain post op

    Thanks Rubyroo - I am day 3 post op - I was going along amazingly well but I knew that would change when they took the femoral nerve block out today - struggling to sleep tonight - the nurse just went to get me another oxy. I’m in until Friday - making use of electric bed and physio as they...
Back
Top Bottom