Recent content by c.davies2

  1. C

    Thigh Pain

    I am now 4 months following the revision of the revision of my R hip replacement. I took antibiotics for three months including 1 month of IV antibiotics via a PICC line inserted in my main vein draining into the heart. So far things have gone well. No wound infection and the pain has gone. No...
  2. C

    Thigh Pain

    I am now two weeks into my One Step Revision of An Infected hip replacement. My surgeon took out the old hip replacement, took multiple samples of bone for culturing and put in a new modified hip replacement with a longer stem. He said afterwards the the old prosthesis was quite loose in my...
  3. C

    Thigh Pain

    I have been given a date for surgery, 19th September, so I can now prepare myself. My surgeon is going to take everything out and has ordered a replacement with a much longer stem. Everything has been set up, the microbiologists etc. I have my pre assessment in a few days followed by hip...
  4. C

    Thigh Pain

    I have now been to see my regional centre hip specialist. I am on the urgent list to have revision of a revision of my right hip. I have been informed that it will be about 4 weeks. I will have the old replacement totally removed with a new prosthesis fitted with a longer stem. In addition I...
  5. C

    Thigh Pain

    My operation has been delayed as the private sector is not able to provide a comprehensive microbiological follow up. I will need post op intravenous antibiotics through a PICC line for a few weeks until the cultures are negative. Therefore I will now need to wait for a bed in an NHS hospital...
  6. C

    Thigh Pain

    Hello I have had the hip aspiration result which shows Staph epidermidis resistant to Penicillin and Erythromycin but sensitive to several antibiotics. The plan therefore is to have a revision THR with antibiotic in the cement. Hopefully, that would be the final operation. c.davies2 Sent...
  7. C

    Thigh Pain

    I have had a right hip aspiration to look for infection and am waiting for the results. Then if there is a definite infection I will have a complete revision i.e. A new replacement and IV antibiotics for an unspecified length of time. If no infection is found then I will have a temporary hip...
  8. C

    Thigh Pain

    I had my left hip done in October and it has been a success. Unfortunately my Right hip revision remains a problem. I continues to have right mid thigh pain especially after sitting for a while. After a few strides the pain improves but doesn't go away. It is called "startup pain" . My OS...
  9. C

    Thigh Pain

    Hello I am new to this forum and I thought it might be useful to share my experiences about hip replacement and anterior thigh pain. I am 61 years old and have been fairly active playing club squash until aged 58. In July 2015 I had a Right THR for advanced OA. I did quite well at first and...
Back
Top Bottom