Recent content by butterflydancer

  1. butterflydancer

    TKR Day one

    Surgery was Monday. Today all. Wan or do is sleep my eyes are closing,it is hard to concentrate on anything and I feel week as a kitten. And I am usually pretty tough
  2. butterflydancer

    TKR Day one

    I don't remembe a deformity just that. Am very very short.
  3. butterflydancer

    TKR Day one

    Hello fellow bone smart friends. I had my surgery this morning. Two years ago when I had my left TKR I had general anasthesia. Today for my right TKR they did a spinal with twilight (propofal and versed) what a difference! I woke up alert, am remembering my day, and less pain!! Highly...
  4. butterflydancer

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    I will think of you on Wednesday, Jaschembra. Best of Luck. It hurts afterwards, but pain meds, lots of ice, and you will be good. Not to discourage, but it actually took me about six months with my left one to say I was really glad I did it. I went back to work (I an an ER nurse) after...
  5. butterflydancer

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hello all. I had a left total knee Jan 2015. I am going for the right one Jan 9 2017. They say if you had one done, you won't do the second one. Ha.. I like to walk, so here I go again.... Best of luck to those doing the same. :flwrysmile:
  6. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    I cannot believe it has already been ten months since my total knee. I have amazing range of motion, am working, and continue to dance. The only thing that I have trouble with is kneeling, and I think that might never happen. I have recently developed a throbbing pain, mostly at night to the...
  7. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    Thanks Vinny. It went ok. I was glad that we were unusually not busy during the week. Still, my knee did have a bit more swelling, and I started back on taking a tramadol to sleep (I had stopped all pain meds except my arthritis med Feldene) I was surprised that some of the pains I had right...
  8. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    It was interesting. I kept thinking my leg was longer on my surgical knee leg. I was told that this was normal, and would go away. I happened to be at a chiropractor's office who asked me when my surgery was. I told her Jan 7. She said, well, your left leg is much longer than your right leg now...
  9. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    Just wanted to touch base and again thank all of those that encouraged me. I am doing much better, up and down steps, and walking unassisted. My new knee still feels a bit odd, and it feels like my leg is longer than the other, my skin is still numb, and I have occasional sharp pain that goes...
  10. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    Thanks to all of you. This is a great site. There are so many things "they" don't tell you about before your surgery. Maybe because I am a nurse, I should know all of that. But I don't work in ortho, never have, and this is new to me. You have helped a lot.
  11. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    Thanks to everyone here for their help. I am now walking up steps in a normal gait, and using a stationary bike. My bend is at 125 degrees, and PT is happy with my progress. My pain is better controlled, and I am using a tramadol in the morning and one at night, although I still have the ache...
  12. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    I have not posted in a while. I am not usually on social media, and am not real savvy about how to do this. On my phone, I could not find where to add my signature. I am back on my lap top now, and hope I did this right. Let me know please if my signature is correct. Thanks.
  13. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    My surgery date was Jan 7
  14. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    <3 you all. Thanks.
  15. butterflydancer

    TKR Counting the Hours to Left TKR

    Hi Vinny, Diane and Maggie, thanks for the reply. I have now found that if I stop the vicoden, and take the tramadol, two every six hours, the pain is more controlled. The only problem, is that I am so sleepy, day and night. It is hard to find the right combination. I have improved a lot on my...
Back
Top Bottom