Recent content by Butterfly77

  1. B

    THR Discomfort in hip replaced in 2015

    Hi. I had my new hip in July 2021. It has been a long long road for me. Bursitis and illipsoas impingement/tendonitis was diagnosed. The first approach has been an injection into the bursa which doing the inflammation in that area (side of hip) down a bit. Then physio involving a lot of...
  2. B

    THR Ultrasound vs MRI for bursitis

    Hi. I too ended up with bursitis after my hip replacement. It was a real nuisance tbh. It was difficult to get seen here in the UK (not sure where you’re from) so there were lots of delays getting back to see the consultant. He immediately diagnosed bursitis and referred me for an ultrasound...
  3. B

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Sorry to hear this, but I always say knowledge is power. Now you know what is going on and you know something can be done to help. All the best and I do hope you don’t have to wait too long.
  4. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    It made not a jot of difference tbh. I’m up and down, have a week or two where I feel normal and no pain then it comes back and I can’t straighten properly and get this awful sharp pain down the front of my leg travelling from groin all the way to the knee. Must admit I thought the same, being...
  5. B

    THR Proud of myself, it feels like a massive achievement!

    Hipopapotamus I really feel for you. I had my surgery in July 2022, at the time my partner lived 170 miles away and I have two teenage boys. One was doing A levels and the other 14 when I had surgery (now 15) and he suffers with terrible anxiety. It was extremely tough for the first 6 months...
  6. B

    Revision THR On my 4th revision for left hip after only 2 years.

    I’m so sorry you are going through all of this. It must be so debilitating for you. I’m also having a tough time since my hip replacement 14 months ago. Ongoing sharp pain down my leg into my knee. Difficulties accessing any appointments, told I have bursitis and illiopsoas tendonitis. Injection...
  7. B

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Yes it was a guided injection. Not a great of improvement as yet. Not getting the sharp intense pain now but I stead a constant ache when I walk. Hoping to see some improvement over the next week. If not I’ve no idea what to do next tbh
  8. B

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    I am 14 months post surgery. I do have issues with bursitis and illiopsoas tendonitis post surgery, the second of which has only just been diagnosed thanks to struggling to access after care. I have had an injection (done yesterday) in the hope to relieve the bursitis and received physio for...
  9. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    Too early to say on the stretches helping as this problem has only just been diagnosed. The after care has been pretty shoddy, been a battle to get seen since surgery. Walking is the most painful for me too. I’m fine sitting, sleeping and cycling seems to be pain free too. But walking is a real...
  10. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    Goodness me you have been through it too. It is difficult to stay positive when you hear of so many success stories from the surgery. This forum is great for hearing from people who may have taken the scenic route to recovery like us (in our case still on route). I had hip dysplasia before...
  11. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    A year since my surgery and a frustrating time with horrendous sharp pains down my leg it appears I have illiopsoas tendonitis along with the bursitis I knew I had and am awaiting an injection for. Saw an nhs physio yesterday who has given me some stretching exercises for the illiopsoas...
  12. B

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    Hi. I’m a tear out and have been experiencing quad pain and pain in the bursa. My consultant believes I have bursitis which commonly presents through the quad area. He’s arranging a steroid injection for it which I’m he hopes will sort it. I’m so fed up. I’m only 45 and can hardly walk at all...
  13. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    Good morning. So I had my surgery in July 2022, and 1 year on I’m still struggling. Following two trips back to the consultant he has confirmed I have bursitis and a tight IT band from the surgery. I get this ache in the hip area when walking or sitting for long periods, and can’t fully stand...
  14. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    So the physio had a good look at my swelling. She thinks it is possibly my body reacting plus some surgical retention of fluid matter. Advised non weight bearing exercises and hydrotherapy sessions to try and build strength and get the area moving without adding weight bearing and causing the...
  15. B

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    Thank you for all your replies. I think I’m just finding it tough with the limping, the swelling issue and everyday life. I will update you all tomorrow on what the physio says, and will try to keep positive. Interesting point about applying heat to the seroma, I will certainly ask the physio...
Back
Top Bottom