Recent content by Butterfly22

  1. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    So I had btkr end of april and MUA at week 7. Now I'm nearing week 10. I measured left 103, down from high of 106 and right at 110, down from high of 112. My doctor wanted me to do cpm but when it came, it only goes to 110. I sent it back, called the doctor and said....I'm almost there on my...
  2. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    So I'm at 9 weeks post btkr, it's been 11 days since I had MUA. I'm on Tylenol only, pain isn't bad at all, just some stiffness when I exercise. Left knee is at 105, right at 111. The MUA helped left knee 8 degrees, and right knee 4 degrees and I've been steady on that for the 11 days. I'm much...
  3. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    So I had the MUA on both knees yesterday. It wasn’t bad at all. My left knee already shows great improvement, not sure on right yet without measuring. I decided to take pain meds this time. After surgery, I didn’t really hurt so I was only taking Tylenol. I feel I may have been guarding my...
  4. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    I'm getting a MUA next week. I'm at week 7 almost and 97/-4 on left and 108/-6 on right. The surgeon says he does 1000 knees a year for 26 years and 1-2 times a year he needs to do the MUA. I'm nervous, but the surgeon said I should have been biking, screaming and crying in pain and he will...
  5. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    Thanks. Today I am finally able to stand up from the toilet and a chair without using my arms to pull myself up. Not consistent or easy and I do have my arms bent to help give me some stability but it’s progress. Sitting down is controlled until the very end, then I “flop”, but I’m getting there!
  6. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    Thank you so much! It helps to know someone has gone weeks, but it's now changing. I feel badly in that I havent been taking pain pills, and not been in pain. This has been nothing compared to the constant, daily pain I was in. Still, I have what I call this tightness, maybe that's "pain", and...
  7. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    So any thoughts on when the tight, achy feeling gets better? I'm hoping my rom improves when the tightness is gone.
  8. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    Thanks. I guess I dont call that tight/achy stuff "pain". I cut my tylenol in 1/2 so still taking it before exercises and I seem less nauseous at night. Big plus. Dont think I'm getting more bend but trying to rest, ice, and trust this is a phase that will help in the end.
  9. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    My surgeon says 120 by end of 6 weeks and I’ve been the same for 3 weeks. My therapist says I’m on a plateau and not to worry but I cut my activity in half and am icing more again. I’m told I’m extremely functional for this stage in recovery but usually people get rom and then become functional...
  10. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    Thanks. My recovery has been super easy. I was in lots of pain pre surgery, so this is nothing. My ROM isn't good though, only 100 and 105 at 6 weeks, but I'm trusting they'll get better in time and trying to keep rest, ice, elevate priorities a few weeks longer.
  11. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    THanks. I just think its giving me an upset stomach that's far worse than any knee stiffness!
  12. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    When can I stop taking Tylenol? I'm at 6 weeks btkr tomorrow and I havent really been in pain except the first couple of days at home. I've been taking the max Tylenol as instructed, but I'm getting naseous. I dont think I need the meds as I have tightness and stiffness, but not pain. Or maybe I...
  13. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    I seem to be ok. Stopped and walked every hour. Put legs up on pillow and iced most of the ride. Iced, exercised, and iced soon as wee arrived, plus a short walk first to loosen up a bit. I seem to be ok. Going home tomorrow so we will see how I do. Thanks to everyone for travel advice. I...
  14. B

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    Thanks. In 2 days I will be at 6 weeks and had to take a 3 1/2 hour ride. I've got my tylenol in, stopping to walk every hour, riding with ice on and legs sort of held up by pillow on floor. I still have the seat all the way back but I'm managing. At least I'm just tight around the knees not in...
Back
Top Bottom