I have not changed anything, laundry detergent, meds, etc. I have been thinking I should see my pcp but was hoping it would just stop. I guess it's time to make the appt. Thank you for replying!
For those of you who have a baker's cyst behind your new knee try TK tape. Does wonders for me. I will also use the tape behind my new knee if it is bothering me. I'm doing very well 4 months out but once in a while the knee decides to let me know it's new. My PT introduced me to the TK tape...
Hello...I haven't posted for a while and have been doing really well. I finished PT and now just try to do some walking and light exercises to keep my knee flexible. But, about a month ago I developed an itching problem. I seem to itch all over but mainly on my lower legs, both legs. I have...
Hello....we will be leaving on a trip next week and will be flying. Just wondering if I will make it through security with my new knee or what I should be prepared for. Some people I have talked to say it's no problem while others say to be prepared for a pat down and to show my scar. We will...
Good Morning! I have a small concern right now about infection. I have an infected ingrown toenail on the same side as my knee replacement. It is a very small infection. I called my surgeon and they said to go to my primary care doctor asap. I went yesterday and she clipped the nail back...
Very happy!!! I saw my surgeon today for my 2nd post op visit and he is very happy with how I am doing. My ROM is where it should be and although I do still have some pain through out the day that is pretty constant, it is slowly getting better in intensity. He said that is normal and it will...
Listen to the people here on BoneSmart. I went through painful aggressive PT. It did set me back every time I went. I finally listened to people here and left that facility. I took over a week off to rest my knee. I did some light stretching exercises and iced and elevated. I found someone...
I had the same kind of muscle pain. Hurt so much worse then the knee pain. I believe it was the aggressive way my PT was working on my knee. I stopped with him and changed to another practice. I now have a wonderful woman with 30 yrs experience who is not at all aggressive. She spent the...
You might try digestive enzymes for the stomach issues. I have IBS and the NSAIDS and narcotics are not my friends. I take as little as possible. I have started taking 1 ranitidine in the morning and then take 2 chewable Papaya Digestive Enzymes twice a day or when ever my stomach is acting...
I also have trouble sleeping and I am now taking 1/2 Hydrocodone and 1 Arthritis Strength Tylenol and it has helped a lot. I still toss and turn quite a bit but can go right back to sleep. Not the best but much better then it was. I also like to sleep on my side with a pillow between my...
A gentle PT makes a big difference. I also had to change and found a great one who sounds like yours. She has gotten both my extension and bend to where it needs to be without the stretching and pulling of my knee and leg. But I need to do my at home exercises to keep it that way. I am 8...
Thank you! I have decided to just use the thigh high ones the hospital gave me for now and see if that helps first. I try to drink more water and usually always have a glass of it next to me. I am not a water drinker so it is hard. Right after surgery I was always thirsty so drank a lot then...
Hello...I have been having a lot of calf pain in the back and also shin splints. My PT recommended knee high compression stockings. I wore thigh high for a month after surgery but they were always slipping down. With the knee high I am concerned about it rubbing on my incision. Has anyone...
Yes, I’m sure it is the Tylenol. It has happened at other times before knee surgery. I know it is weird but I have a very sensitive stomach, etc. I can’t take much of anything unfortunately. I have found I can take 2 reg Tylenol, then 2 ibuprofen, then 2 Tylenol. Any more then that I have...
Thank you, Josephine! I see my primary doctor on Feb. 5th. If I am still having a lot of pain I will talk to her about it. I did stop the original PT for a week and rested. I started with a new one yesterday and explained what I want. So far so good. I do not have a problem stopping again...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.