Recent content by bumblebee2

  1. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    So, the PT appt didn't happen. I went all the way there in the car, only to find out that the appt should have been the day before. The receptionist assured me the day before that the appt was the next day, so i was really annoyed at that :( . I managed to get into the car, laid/sat...
  2. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    Thanks you two :) I'll have to try the chillow pad thing.. that sounds like it could be the right kind of cool for me. I like feeling cool things on my skin (like the grass underfoot early in the morning while it's still damp with dew), but when it tips over to cold, i'm out. Ugh, i feel...
  3. B

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Woohoo, so happy to see that your surgery went ahead :) Hopefully those nurses get their act together and help properly xx
  4. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    Thanks Mojo.. hugs much appreciated and some back to you :) No ice at all here unfortunately. I can't handle the feeling.. my brain translates the cold as pain, so as much as i'd like to do it because it is really helpful, i just can't sit and handle that cold sensation.. I'm elevating...
  5. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    lol at the minor surgery comment. Glad your swelling is feeling a bit better - hopefully it's staying fairly unpuffy for you. Mine is a fair bit better today, and it's not feeling as tight and achy. Today is all round a fairly good day actually. I woke up at stupidoclock (5am ish) and had a...
  6. B

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Not sure what the time difference is between us, but hopefully you're all done by now and you're recovering without too much pain xx
  7. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    Hi and thankyou CricketHip - lovely to hear from someone with a date so close to my own.. :) I'm not finding any stiffness with my achilles right now - that has to be annoying along with the swelling.. is it sore or just stiff and swollen? Definitely a good thing that we get tired so...
  8. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    Ooo nice, thanks Layla :) I did wonder if anywhere sold a super long handled razor but didn't get around to googling for one as yet.. awesome to see that they exist. I don't have a paint stick or a ruler - but do have some left over pvc window trim that might work.. it might be a little...
  9. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    So, day 11 i think since my hip was replaced, and progress is pretty good i think. I've had a really swollen foot and ankle for the last 3 days.. i was panicking a bit about it being a blood clot, but Dr Google convinced me that it's much more likely to be oedema.. and since i didn't die in...
  10. B

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    re getting lotion onto calves and feet.. no idea if this will work for you, it depends on how dexterous you are; pop some lotion onto a face flannel, and use your grabber to hold onto it and apply it. I really don't recommend putting lotion onto the soles of your feet though.. too much of...
  11. B

    THR Swelling

    aww, i really feel for you here, my surgeon warned me that although he'd do his best, i might end up with a bit of a difference in length, and that if so, it would take some adjusting to. I'm pretty sure there's a difference, as it feels weird, like i'm stepping down to my unoperated leg. I...
  12. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    Definitely; I was up til 3:30am on the morning of my surgery. wallpapering the chimney breast in the living room. Super glad i did it because it looks great (although i didn't quite manage to finish it, i ran out of wallpaper), but knew i'd usually be paying for that hugely the next day. I...
  13. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    lol, i would genuinely love to see some of your contraptions. It's pretty cool what people can come up with when they need to find a way of doing something. :) I'm definitely going to try my tray idea out i think.. a lady that lives near to me has a spare mobility scooter that she's...
  14. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    Hi Elf1 :) Lovely to meet someone else with the same issue (though really sorry you have it, it's really unpleasant i know). There are a few more people around with the same problem on here, can't remember any names right now, but i spoke to one or two when i first found this site and...
  15. B

    THR Bumblebee's recovery thread..

    I like that, thankyou - i'm using a small flight bag atm to hold things that i need to transport from room to room, but love the Hopper. Would make it super easy to carry my tea/coffee with me. I'm getting a lot of twisted muscle sensation in my entire leg and my foot appears to be turned in...
Back
Top Bottom