I agree also that you will need more time to rest up PO. I sounded like you thinking I would be up and ready to bike 20 miles, eat out etc. after the first week. I was bummed that I was very limited on energy and mood to do much of anything lol. I was a very active person before my TKR as I...
I’m 13 weeks post op and am like you, I like to push myself. i did not use a cpm machine nor did I use outside therapy. I just did walking, exercises once or twice a day and worked myself up to a recumbent stationary after the first week. I’m almost at 100 percent with a unassisted rom of 120...
Hi Nancan,
im about 13 weeks post op now and I experienced pain in my lower leg, ankle and calf especially the first 7-8 weeks. When I drove or sat in a chair I noticed more pain. It eventually left. part of the healing process I guess.
Good for you Lynette on your pre-op preparation on your knee. I really think that helps out tremendously post op Recovery wise. I will be thinking and praying all goes well and a speedy recovery so you can hop back on that bike. When is your TKR?
I just went in for my 12 week final check up on my right knee replacement and all went well. I’m 65 years old and had my TKR June 18, 2020. My knee was severely bowed outward with a huge knot on the outside. I had let this go for quite a few years until I was on Medicare along with the quality...
I just had mine June 18th and it was my first ever surgery. I was very nervous so a word of encouragement is it goes fast and furious and I don’t remember a thing lol. They will give you enough pain meds to take the edge off but keep on them and as the nerve block wears off next day you may want...
Hi JJM,
I personally think your doing great especially living alone. My taste buds were not in full swing until I stopped taking the pain killers (7th day I stopped pain killers regulary) My surgery was also June 18th. My age is 65, 178 lbs and a male.
DAY 10 I’m not a professional by no means but here is what I’ve done. I hope you can get some relief. Are you still on pain meds of any sort? My appetite picked up more as I dropped pain meds. Actually the tramadol on the 4-5 day made me sick to my stomach so I stopped them and much better now...
Well I’m on my 9th day of post surgery and seem to be doing well. My biking the last 15 years must have paid off. Therapist did all my measurements at 7 days and said I do not need rehab other then on my own. Just to recap My journey. Surgery was on the 18th June. Checked in at 8:15 am and...
Best to you silver bullet. I had my TKR this morning. Went well but trying To figure the most comfortable position elevated. I straighten it out now and then when elevated but the most comfortable seems to be elevated with knee slightly bent. Any suggestions? thanks everyone!
Sure, my knee never really bothered me thru the years except for some stiffness but other then that i could sleep, work out and function pretty well until the last few years. Went in two years ago for an MRI when the cyst formed to make sure it wasn’t anything super serious. The doc said I had...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.