Recent content by Buckeye29

  1. B

    Welcome to the February Valentines' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

    Please add me to 2/20/18 Right THR posterior
  2. B

    THR Having a hard time

    I am so glad you found this group! You aren’t alone here. We all have experienced various trials to get to the point where surgery was the best option. I am so sorry you don’t have a support system but here we understand and want to listen. You’ve got this! Better days are ahead.
  3. B

    THR Almost 16 weeks, still painful<

    Thanks for your encouragement and also to everyone who has left a message. Your support is very much appreciated. Every one has been so kind and helpful. I know I will one day have result I had hoped for. Maybe my experience will help someone else avoid my pitfalls. I really needed the...
  4. B

    THR Almost 16 weeks, still painful<

    Thanks for your recommendations. I plan on taking all of your advice. Following my doctor’s recommendations certainly aren’t working. Grateful for this website!
  5. B

    THR Almost 16 weeks, still painful<

    1. Posterior 2. 2-7 3. Hydrocodone and ibuprofen. Used hydrocodone for first 3 weeks. Ibuprofen til a few weeks ago. Nothing now, it doesn’t help. 4. 2 or 3 x a day, 20 minutes 5. Evenings and during the night or whenever I can do bed rest on Fri, Sat, and Sun. 6. Work - 35 hr week...
  6. B

    THR Almost 16 weeks, still painful<

    Thanks MammaT for your reply. I can’t imagine having both hips done. You must be a pro so I especially appreciate you comments. I still ice and use heat for lower back pain as well. I leave my cane in the car for shopping and days that are extra painful. Hope you inflammation settles down...
  7. B

    THR Almost 16 weeks, still painful<

    I had right THR, posterior, Feb 20, 2018. Had out patient procedure, started home therapy 2 days later. After 2 weeks went to outpatient therapy for 2 days a week. Progressed well til I tried to go back to work at 6 weeks. I work front desk at a dentist office, 4 days a week. At times lots of...
Back
Top Bottom