Recent content by BTKRmarch11

  1. B

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    The surgeon has replaced everything. Even the brand has changed. From a failed Smith and Nephew to Dupey Rotaiting Platform with stem 60 mm both in tibia and femur. Six days post op now, and resting recovering at home. Pain is manageable, but keeping the swelling low is a bit more tricky. Doing...
  2. B

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    I expect to have pain and increasing function day after day with pain going down and function going up. I had a very very painful recovery when I did the primary tka, both knees bilateral. Both knees have been unstable from the beginning and serious high level pain for 15months. Slowly I was...
  3. B

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    I had my right total revision yesterday. I have Attune Rotating Platform DePuy with medium size stem and tibia and femur sleeves. I am at the hospital recovering. Have some pain and difficulty moving due to swelling in the feet and calf area. Anyone has had such Rotating Platform? How has been...
  4. B

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    Total revision of the right knee on August 5, happens to be my birthday too. Revision of the left knee to be done later. I have Instability in both knees, primary TKA was done March 11, 2020. I had my last visit with the primary surgeon last week. I held myself back talking to him. Most of what...
  5. B

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    I am going to have a revision surgery for exactly the same reason, Instability. My knees were never okay from the first day post TKA about 2 and half years ago. Painful to walk, painful even at rest when moving in my bed, and etc. I have had Bilateral TKA and will need to do the same for both...
  6. B

    TKR Accuracy of 3-part bone scan and CT Spect 2.5 years post TKA?

    I have a similar situation, except I am 2 years and 5 months post a Bilateral TKA. I have the same condition in both knees. My co diction is categorized as Instability. Some of it due to poor surgery performed, like less than most ideal bone cuts and placement of the prosthetics and thickness...
  7. B

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    I did not go through with the revision of the spacer. Too much risk and elevated possibility of re- revision. I will have a revision surgery with another surgeon, examining all components and soft tissue.
  8. B

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    I will have a spacer revision surgery on April 28 to correct Instability. I have had Bilateral knee replacement on March 11, 2020, more than two years ago. I have had pain and instability from the beginning. Finally, I have got to a point that a revision surgery is set up. The surgeon is...
  9. B

    Revision TKR Unbearable Pain 24 hours after

    I wish you speedy recovery. People experience differently even if they had the same surgery before. There is no comparison, because how they work on your knee this time is very different than the last time. They use tools to remove the old femur component and they need a wider opening to get to...
  10. B

    Revision TKR Revision Knee Surgeon in San Diego CA?

    Hi, I saw some posting from you about listing a few Revision Knee Surgeons in Southern California. I live in San Diego area. I had Bilateral total knee replacement two years ago. I still have pain and instability issue. I can’t walk without pain. I sit down or lay down most of the time so I...
  11. B

    Revision TKR Same or different surgeon for Revision TKR

    Surgeons for knee replacement normally use one specific brand of prosthetics. My surgeon has used Smith and Nephew brand. I can’t find another surgeon who does revision and use the same brand Smith and Nephew. does it make a difference if the Revision surgeon is not a Smith and Nephew surgeon...
  12. B

    Revision TKR Same or different surgeon for Revision TKR

    yes, I have had more than five second opinions. All the second opinions include Revision surgery, at least for replacing the spacer. should I use the same surgeon or use a different one?
  13. B

    Revision TKR Same or different surgeon for Revision TKR

    I need to have a Revision of my knee replacement due to Instability and Pain. should I use the same surgeon or a different surgeon for the Revision surgery? thank you for your answers.
Back
Top Bottom