Recent content by Bsmeahan

  1. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Pain levels during day are usually around 2-3 at night in be 8-9 Gabapentin 3-300 mg at bedtime Moderate My flexibility is great and can straighten them out all the way I hardly ever ice but I do elevate daily a few hours off and on I have some problems keeping up with housework have to sit...
  2. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Thank you and yes please ask.
  3. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    The pain management dr says they do this a lot and there is no damage to the nerves or any that controls movement or anything. My mom had migraines and they did this to her to stop pain and it worked.
  4. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    I do have a tens unit I will try tonight to see if it helps.
  5. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    I will look for one. No I haven't asked for anything because I don't know what to ask for. But I will ask my pain management dr about either of those, thank you.
  6. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    I have seen another ortho but not one for revision, I had my surgeon kept telling me it would go away so after 1½ years I was sent to another one and he acted up 'oh well X-ray looks fine so don't know what to tell you'. So then my ref MD sent me to another ortho surgeon who looked at my X-rays...
  7. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    May 20th of this year will be 2 years since I had them both replaced. I can't get through the night without achy knees still to this day. I toss and turn each and every night. They don't swell and they are tender during the day but not pain. Dr says this happens with some people and so we have...
  8. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Josephine, I thought the same thing!!! I thought a shot would help me so much! I just called and left a message to get another appointment with him and we shall discuss it again.. I shouldn't have to be in this pain now a year after my knee replacements..
  9. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    The bursitis is around my whole knee replacement joint on right knee and in the back and right at front inside of left knee. I asked my surgeon about knee injections and he said I can never have those again with knee replacements...so I don't know. He gave me an anti inflammatory cream which...
  10. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    It has been over a year now, surgery was May 20, 2015 had both replaced at once. Now mostly my right one and some in the left have been hurting mostly at night in bed. Then depending if I work out or walk a lot how badly they ache. Dr says it is bursitis and since I cannot take anti...
  11. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    I am doing very well, seems better each week. I am back to bowling once a week and have been repainting inside of house..started back to gym just going lightly and love the pool!! Haven't tried lunges yet but I also haven't done them for over two years or more! Will have to try and see how I...
  12. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    @louie, I understand how you felt and feel..when you are so active even with bad knees you go and go and when you have them replaced you think okay I can do this and be up and around quickly and when that doesn't happen it just doesn't feel like you will ever be the same. But it will get better...
  13. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Thanks Louie, I tend to overdo sometimes, but have learned to "listen" to my knees and act accordingly lol...yes having both done at the same time was quite challenging and I don't believe I was as ready as I thought I was... I thought for sure after three weeks I would be back to normal...lol...
  14. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Thanks Katiejarr and I totally agree this was by far the most challenging surgery I have ever had! And I have had a few! But yes I am listening to my knees and not over doing it or trying not too...didn't sleep well last night, but will tonight hopefully! My right one was my worst one also...
  15. Bsmeahan

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Well I have been doing much better! I rest when knees tell me and ice when I do. I have seen the surgeon again and he says I am doing amazing. ☺️ Most nights I sleep well depends on how much I have done that day. I am bowling again and I do just fine. Met a lady who is 78 years young and she had...
Back
Top Bottom