Recent content by brownie

  1. B

    Lack of Bending the Knee - fear of non recovery

    I have taken everyone's advice & I am taking things easier & not worrying about time. I feel my knee is loosening a little, & bending a little better, but will take time. I was advised by someone who has recently had a TKR, that vaseline rubbed crosswise into the knee helps loosen the new skin...
  2. B

    Lack of Bending the Knee - fear of non recovery

    I have concluded that I have been impatient in my endeavours to bend 90deg. I have also decided rightly or wrongly that the "Elastic Band Syndrome" may be the reason for my inability to bend my knee any more as yet. It is like a brick wall! Having said that I have told my brain that time will...
  3. B

    TKR So What Is It Going to Take? The Five ā€œP’sā€ of Recovery

    Thanks for the 5 points. That makes a lot of sense! I feel better now, and patience & belief are now instilled in my thoughts.
  4. B

    Lack of Bending the Knee - fear of non recovery

    A big thank you to ALL for your words of wisdom & encouragement. I have taken on board all your advice. What a fantastic site Bonesmart is, & the advice people give & also take the trouble to respond. My Knee is feeling better already thismorning! I will report further as to how my recovery is...
  5. B

    Lack of Bending the Knee - fear of non recovery

    I had a right TKR on 3/3/12, 9 weeks ago. I have had 12 visits to the Physiotherapist, since leaving hospital and I am now continuing regular exercising at home as suggested by my Physio. My last visit to the Physio, I reached 110 deg of bending on the bicycle machine. I am however only getting...
Back
Top Bottom