Recent content by Brittany L

  1. Brittany L

    Cortisone shot-Round Two

    @GrannyC Thanks, that's kind of what I'm thinking as well. I just have to do more research for other surgeons in the area, this facility is just so highly recommended. Here's a comparison between the 2 xrays I've had done
  2. Brittany L

    Cortisone shot-Round Two

    @Josephine it seemed like when he was talking to me about my options he wasn't really wanting to go straight for THR. He asked if I'd tried stem cells and the cortisone shot. Insurance won't cover stem cells and I've only ever had 1 shot before. After reading about Aleve, I'm going to be...
  3. Brittany L

    Cortisone shot-Round Two

    At the beginning of me finding out I may need a hip replacement (bone spurs on ball joint and advanced arthritis in my right hip). I tried a cortisone injection in 2015. That lasted about 3 months. then the pain came back. It's progressively gotten worse within the last 2 years, taking Tylenol...
  4. Brittany L

    THR Hip Replacement

    I'm 27 and need a THR....what would she say to THAT? lol. If the hip is that bad age shouldn't really matter...I might check around for a different DR
  5. Brittany L

    How many surgeons did you see for THR decision?

    @agileHippie also the 100 I think is how many he's done total....I can't remember if I asked how many per year or how many has he done ever..
  6. Brittany L

    How many surgeons did you see for THR decision?

    @agileHippie I'm so glad I found this group. I would never have come up with the types of questions to ask or to even think about talking to other doctors. The first one seemed pretty confident but I'm def going to look around. I feel kinda bad about it...like I'm going behind his back or...
  7. Brittany L

    How many surgeons did you see for THR decision?

    I've only seen one so far. I'm very early on in the diagnosis process lol. After my apt I had a lot of follow up questions. The one OS I saw has done 100+ anterior THR....I'm seeing another OS July 20th to get a second opinion and see if I have any other questions/options. I guess if the 2nd one...
  8. Brittany L

    27 and Considering THR Anterior method....

    Thanks @Josephine! I think I'm going to go ahead and do the THR. I'm gonna get one more second opinion from another joint specialist...but in the end I think that will solve all my pain issues/problems. Thanks for the great info!!!!:yes:
  9. Brittany L

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    I've been reading stories of people who can't hardly walk up stairs or get out of their cars. I can do all that normally with out any pain. My ROM is just inhibited bc of the spurs and eventually get's sore if I'm on it all day for long periods of time. I just can't decide if it's better to go...
  10. Brittany L

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    Anyway I guess I'll just ask her here lol. @cj19mann I wanted to ask you about your pain/restrictions prior to you getting your scopes/THR. I have FAI, moderate arthritis and a torn labrum as well, but my pain started when I was 18. I was always very active in sports and put it down to being too...
  11. Brittany L

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    I tried that but it only lets me follow, ignore or view her profile
  12. Brittany L

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    @cj19mann I should've specified lol I'm new to this page and I can't figure out how to PM anyone....
  13. Brittany L

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    @cj19mann can I PM you? I have a few questions
  14. Brittany L

    Newbie...finally getting used to the idea of THR

    Hi @Akshia! Welcome! I'm new here as well. I'm 27 and was told I should consider a RTHR bc of some large bone spurs/Cam-impingement and moderate arthritis in my right hip. I'm still weighing my options at this point, looking into a second opinion. I can still walk/go up stairs. Mine only really...
Back
Top Bottom