Recent content by brisco24

  1. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Thank you Celle. I'm concerned...it's been developing for about 2½ months and it's been worked by Graston PT and other aggressive techniques that amount of time. I am icing a couple times a day for 20 minutes, stretching hamstrings, quads, and calves; doing strength building - step ups and...
  2. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    How long should I wait with this severely inflamed synovial tissue before I seek relief? My surgeon acted like he'd never seen it before. I was researching this on my own and it looks like it can be commonly caused by reaction to the chromium implant. It's been almost 5 months since my TKR.
  3. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    So, earlier this week, I finally got a definitive diagnosis from a different orthopedist at a different med school. He did an ultrasound examination and said (what other doctors speculated was scar tissue) it is inflamed synovial tissue that is more or less in an arc around the top outside of...
  4. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Sure go ahead. If you cross a line, I'll tell you.
  5. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    The cylinder or rope is within the LF4 C square. The top longitudinal mound of scar tissue follows the line made by LF4 & LF3 and B & C. To answer your questions, probably because I don't know enough about how the website functions.
  6. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Celle, The symptoms were pain and a crunching feeling in tissue above the kneecap and in the "rope" of tissue that goes laterally toward the joint. At about 2 months, my physical therapist began referring to it as a "speed bump" of muscle tissue that had scarred beneath the skin and showed me...
  7. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Cells, Im still doing PT. I have an office job, seated much of the day. When I say scar tissue, I’m not referring to the incision scar, I’m talking about scarred muscle or tendon tissue that can’t be seen, in my case except by ultrasound and by palpating. I understand about keeping...
  8. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Greetings all, my left TKR was done 6/19/18. My recovery went well for awhile. I currently have 138 degrees flexion which everyone is pleased with. The painful problem is that unusual scar tissue has formed approximately 2" above the end of my incision about 1" wide then curves laterally in...
  9. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Thank you so much everyone for your replies, information and support. I reviewed all the info Josephine found; and it's nearly all salesmanship and technique for docs and hospitals touting simplicity and time/cost savings. There was a press release of the Klassic Knee being introduced at my...
  10. brisco24

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams'2018 Knee Recovery Club!

    Hello All, First TKR on my left knee, June 19. Please add me, brisco24, to the June list, my recovery is going well.
  11. brisco24

    TKR Unusual scar tissue above & beside the incision

    Hello Everyone, I'm new to the forum, a 65 yo guy in NC approaching retirement. My left knee was replaced June 19 TKR. During visits with my surgeon, he stated I'd receive a Zimmer Natural Knee prosthesis. After surgery, during recovery at the hospital, he told me that they used a TJO Klassic...
Back
Top Bottom