Recent content by brisco06

  1. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    RTHR done Nov 5, 2020. I am having a lot of lower back pain with this hip that I didn't have with my LTHR done Aug 25, 2020. Is this a normal occurrence? I think I may have some bursitis on my right side but this lower back pain is killing me. I am only taking some ES tylenol because I am on...
  2. B

    THR week 3 of recovery

    Hello, I had my RTHR on Nov 5. I also cannot sleep at night....nagging pain that can be pretty much ignored during the day causing sleep disturbance. I am also trying not to take anything other than tylenol. Are you experiencing soreness when walking? I am still having pain when trying to...
  3. B

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    GG, I also had my surgery Nov 5. I am also not doing any outpatient PT. I have a few exercises I do on my own as well as walk. I did not do any PT on my first hip (which was Aug 25) and I am doing fine on that side. My surgeon even agreed with me on the PT; he said that many PTs are too gung-ho.
  4. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Not quite one week update. This hip seems much different than the one I had replaced Aug 25. It is much more painful...I have a stabbing type pain when I try to walk which I didn't have with the other one. I haven't even attempted any PT. Is this stabbing pain normal? I haven't used any...
  5. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Just got home from my RHR. The spinal didn't "kick in" quickly and ended up with GA because the OS was ready to go haha. Feel okay, no foggy head, nausea, etc. One thing that is different from my first THR is that my calves are sore...like I had walked too far. Anybody else had that happen...
  6. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    I have my right THR scheduled for November 5. Hopefully, it will go as smoothly as the first one.
  7. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Had my 6 week follow-up with the OS today. He said everything looked good. He asked me about my PT. I told him I was not doing any structured PT....I do some exercises on my own at my house and walk. He said that was perfect. He indicated that he has modified his view on PT. He said...
  8. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Obviously I will yield to my surgeon, but I am curious as to how long after the first THR are people scheduling the second hip? My other hip is also bad and was thinking about having it replaced this year since there is not much traveling with the virus and am stuck at home anyway.
  9. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    I am coming up on four weeks post surgery. I am walking pretty well without any aids. I have been out a few times to the grocery store but nothing major. My exercise regimen consists of mainly walking around the house and a few of the PT exercises I was given. However, my hip (actuallly my...
  10. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Thanks for all the suggestions and support. My PT had me doing hip abduction raises with a one pound ankle weight which I think was the start of my problem and which i have subsequently stopped. I do some heel slides, quad stretches, mini squats, but not to any great extent. The pillow did help...
  11. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Coming up on two weeks since my anterior left hip replacement. Recovery has been mostly uneventful. I am still using walker because , even though I can use a cane, I find I limp more. I am mostly pain free during the day, but night is a different story. I have what I would call a deep ache...
  12. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    You are so right eman. I only took tylenol the first night home and paid for it the second day. Started the tramadol/tylenol combination and that seems to be alleviating quite a bit of the pain (along with the icing)
  13. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Thanks for comments. I think I will definitely take an oxycodone before bed tonight. The doctor said to use those for break-through pain and as last option.
  14. B

    THR Brisco06 Recovery from Aug 25

    Wheeled into operating room at 7:00 am Aug 25....home in my recliner by 12:30. Never dreamed it would be that fast. Did good yesterday, walked a bit, slept a bit. Only took Tylenol before bed last night and that was probably a mistake. I took a tramadol early this morning and that helped...
Back
Top Bottom