Yes, that was about where it was. It's actually gone away now but it seems like every day I have a new type of pain? Maybe I am just a hypochondriac too :)
Saw my doc yesterday because I have what looks like a stitch abscess and possible cellulitis so I am being prescribed some antibiotics for...
Hi Everyone,
Been a while since I've posted an update.....first thank you to everyone that has shared their experience with me, it has really helped my mind set.
So, here is where I am currently: Walking much better, with and without a cane. In the morning I need the cane to get around but by...
So my ROM still seems to be stuck at 85 degrees. Cants get the swelling down but even with PT I still can't get past the 85 mark and I'm now just over 4 weeks out.
My question now is about walking and using crutches or assistance. I still very much have the need to use crutches due to the...
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all of your replies....figured I would post an update as to where I am at, coming up on 4 weeks this Thursday.
I actually went back to work last, I am a salesman but have made arrangements to work in the office and not make any sales calls for the next few weeks. It...
Question on measuring range of motion:
What is the best position to measure range of motion? So, in some positions I get more flexion and others I obviously get less. I have a pickup truck and I was able to hang my leg and let gravity take control and was able to get to 88-90 degrees without...
My tibial plateau actually occurred on the Football field....for some reason a 300 pound offensive lineman thought my leg was the quarterback. I knew it was going to be bad the second it happened....to this day I swear my knee touched the ground before the rest of my body did and he hit me from...
Seriously though....just using common sense, aggressive PT is counter productive. Couple extra degrees of flexion one day and you are so swollen the next that you lose and probably retract any gains you made the previous day.
More swelling equals less flexion.
Not sure why PT and Doctors still...
Sounds like we are about right on pace with each other!
Definitely wasn't expecting recovery to be this difficult especially where I am younger that most.......but know I'm finding it is the exact opposite, othe older you are the easier (less muscle,less pain receptors...etc)
Thank you to...
So I posted a few days ago about how painful should therapy be...as I'm having some difficulty with my range of motion 2 weeks post op only at 70 degrees.
Have history with multiple surgeries on the TKR Knee...tibial plateau fracture 3 years ago and had trouble with range of motion back then...
You are probably right....my expectations were very high and I was too optimistic.
Knee is real stiff today, regressed back to 68 degrees today in PT after gaining to 74 degrees yesterday. Which my PT said was completely normal and that the progression isn't always continuously up.....sometimes...
Gotcha....don't know why but I completely underestimated this surgery.
I thought the Tibial Plateau Fracture was going to be 10x worse than this and right this second I feel the opposite.
I did achieve 74 degrees with PT today so it seems to be coming along.....maybe it was me having blinders...
Hi All,
Looking for what a normal range of motion timeline is for a Total Knee Replacement.
Background on me:
39 Years Old
Tibial Plateau Fracture in September of 2012...plate 14 screws, non weight bearing in a bledsoe brace for 3 months, started PT 6 Weeks after surgery. Could not gain...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.