Recent content by boots

  1. boots

    THR Outpatient Surgery

    I had mine done outpatient 1 and 1/2 years ago, all went great! a good choice for me. I was 62/
  2. boots

    THR out of sync?

    I had my hip replacement in October of 2019, all went well. After about a year, every once in a while I got the feeling something went out of place, it doesn't hurt, just a weird feeling. It seems to be happening more often. I have gained about 15 lbs the last 6 months, could weight gain be a...
  3. boots

    THR out of sync?

    My appointment went well, I was scheduled to see the PA, but saw my surgeon instead. Hip looks great, pain is possibly from the sacral ileac joint? Gave me exercises to do and a prescription for meloxicam, I was taking a lot of ibuprofen, and of course ice, ice baby is good. I was happy with...
  4. boots

    THR out of sync?

    Thank you Elf1 for your input, I started a few weeks ago walking 3 mornings a week with a friend I am going to pay attention to how I am walking, heel-toe. And I definitely have uneven terrain to walk here at home. I had to fill in milking last week and had no problems after with pain, it just...
  5. boots

    THR out of sync?

    Its been busy around here and I haven't checked in like I should. My 6 month check was rescheduled due to the drs offices here in Michigan being closed. It looks like I'm good to go next Wednesday the 27th. I still get the strange feeling sometimes that something is out of place, I have been...
  6. boots

    THR out of sync?

    I am doing well, not getting as much walking in as I normally would, as I am not back milking every day, only filling in when needed. so I have been walking in my house, boring, but necessary. Occasionally my hip feels out of place somewhat when I walk, like my leg is crooked?? no pain but...
  7. boots

    THR out of sync?

    Good afternoon. I haven’t checked in for awhile. Things are going well. Have had a few more days of the knee pain-usually after over doing it. Last Thursday was 12 weeks! Still occasionally have pain in my ‘butt’ I’m assuming from what was moved around during surgery. Sometimes when I bend or...
  8. boots

    THR out of sync?

    I took ibuprofen and iced it almost all night. It was achy this morning and felt tight. Took more ibuprofen then I fed calves, took it slow when I got in I iced it for 30 minutes. Plan on more ice and ibuprofen. Was so happy how much better it feels today. Thank you all !! Merry Christmas!
  9. boots

    THR out of sync?

    At home finally with ice on the knee. It’s the left, same as my 9 week old hip!
  10. boots

    THR out of sync?

    I was doing so well. Yesterday I deep cleaned the bathroom and now my replaced knee is hurting so bad when I bend it I am almost in tears. I was fine yesterday feeding calves and this morning till I came in to change to go to a meeting. Not sure what’s going on. Going to ice it and see how it goes.
  11. boots

    THR out of sync?

    Thanks for the 'anniversary' wish. I am doing great. Feeding calves has been going well. I'm going to milk for a few hours tomorrow, but not go out to bring the cows in, figured I would go in a few hours every other day or so. Still getting up 2-3 times a night but well rested when I get up in...
  12. boots

    THR out of sync?

    Getting back in to the swing of things, feeding calves, no milking yet. Which I don't intend on doing at least till Christmas afternoon if needed. Its very warm today, going to get to 50 and then drop off, so the mud will be rutted up, I will have to be careful not to trip, hubby says he will...
  13. boots

    THR out of sync?

    I have a question: after surgery I didn’t have any leg cramps, towards the end of 5 weeks I started having them again, so does the anesthesia help with cramps? And does it take several days to get it out of your system? I probably kept more hydrated while I was recovering so I don’t think that...
  14. boots

    THR out of sync?

    6 weeks yesterday, saw my OS today. He said I can do what I feel like doing, as long as I am careful not to trip and fall. watch the uneven ground. And don't do anything out in the barns where I feel unsafe with my footing. I am not going back to milking every day for the time being we hired a...
  15. boots

    THR out of sync?

    Thanks. I read the info about working, I now can have an intelligent conversation with hubby. Today I went out to see my new chickens. We bought some almost ready to lay a few weeks ago. Took them water And some squash seeds and peels and fed them, it’s warm here in Michigan again but it’s...
Back
Top Bottom